Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How big is Rainbow Moon?

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2464

• eastasiasoft
CQCider wrote:
Thanks for the very honest replies. I love that you were so frank as to outright admit your intentions and I am fine with the story being a secondary focus, I was just curious. The gameplay is what has hooked me thus far and with the confirmations you have made I can say it is a guaranteed day one purchase for me and some of the member of my group already. Good luck with the release, I hope things go great and sales numbers are awesome. We need more developers like you.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Make sure to voice your opinion once the game is out, we are eager to receive feedback from all our fans. :)
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2465

• eastasiasoft
Cauthen wrote:
And besides, I'm sure that even though storyline is taking a backseat to gameplay, it'll still be amazing. ;)
Oh don't worry. We didn't focus much on the story in our Soldner-X games either but your squeezed a lot out of it. :)

By the way, if you want to watch the introduction video that I was talking about earlier, go and check out the following YouTube video, which was posted by IGN a few days ago.

There's also a nice preview video, which covers the first half hour of the game or so.

www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/18/its-time-t...d-about-rainbow-moon
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2471

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
eastasiasoft wrote:
Oh don't worry. We didn't focus much on the story in our Soldner-X games either but your squeezed a lot out of it. :)
Oh, trust me, I'm not finished. I still have a ton of installments for Looking Deeper. Saving the best for last (novella and novel-sized projects).

eastasiasoft wrote:
By the way, if you want to watch the introduction video that I was talking about earlier, go and check out the following YouTube video, which was posted by IGN a few days ago.
I hate the comments some people left, but it was typical for IGN lurkers. I had one of the best comments on there though.
'50 people got jumped by Namoris.' >_>
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2503

I have a question regarding story.. i play most RPGs for story (i mean an 8 hours game with no story or little story is fine because 8 hours is long enough to get repetitive... but 50+ hours of doing the same thing should surely have a got plot to motivate you to slog through it)

Now you say the game wont have a deep and complex story like some of the bigger RPGs out there.. ok I can deal with that. not every game has to have long monologues and 30 minute cutscenes to tell a good or at least entertaining story. so I dont expect that from Rainbow Moon.. A game like Disgaea for example

nothing deep or complex about that story.. I dont recall there being any to very little cutscenes.. the dialogue exchanged between battles ran no longer than 5 minutes, but the main character had a goal (it was to become king of hell or something like that) and by the end depending on the ending you get you reach that goal.. or course other things happenin between.. like you meeting characters like "mid boss", exchanging witty banter, fighting him many times throughout your quest as a rival, near the end a war between heaven and hell break out etc etc. Nothing at all deep or complex about that story but at least the character had a goal that was clear from the begging, he set out to reach that goal, stuff happened in between an din the end he achieved it.

Even the Zelda games, which you reference in your post also didnt have a deep or complex story (though skyward Sword tried and did an ok job), you just a boy who wants to save the princess, and the world and stop Ganon.. in between doing that you go through various dungeons and bosses.. find the princes only for her to get captured again and you have to keep going until the final battle/face off, in between you meet mysterious people who eventually get revealed (shiek in ocarina of time for example) etc etc.. again no deep or complex story, not a lotta cutscenes or dialogue, but the game started out with a goal, and ended with that goal being accomplished and things happening between it until it ended..

it didnt just start with a 5 minute intro then you hear or see nothing else story related as you play the game until you get to the final boss and beat him... that being said based on the examples I gave could you say Rainbow Moons story is at least and "simple" but still good/entertaining as whats pointed out above?

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2504

• eastasiasoft
duomaxwell007 wrote:
it didnt just start with a 5 minute intro then you hear or see nothing else story related as you play the game until you get to the final boss and beat him... that being said based on the examples I gave could you say Rainbow Moons story is at least and "simple" but still good/entertaining as whats pointed out above?
Yes, of course there is a story but we it's not what we put our main focus on. There are really a lot of other things that will motivate you though, such as the exploration of new areas and dungeons, acquiring of new gear and skills, gaining new party characters, and so on. What's especially cool is that whenever you got any new gear, the look of your party character changes. It's how we tried to give the characters personality, rather than through a deep story.

That said, the game starts with a short introduction movie (you can watch it on IGN's YouTube channel if you like to), afterwards the story is told through dialogs. So yeah sure, the game will still be telling you a story but it's kept simple.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2505

simple is 100% fine, as stated above zelda and disgaea's stories are both told through dialogue (as you said Rainbow moons is) but their also both entertaining and engaging. The question is is RM story also entertaining/engaging while being simple?

Ive seen the intro video and based on it it seems quite capable of being both simple and engaging storywise (i.e it would be nice to find out if the main character gets back home, defeats the guy who put him in that portal, and meet new party member/characters on the way to accomplishing that goal and finding out what their reasons for helping/tagging along are) none of those things are deep or complex. The question however is does RM deliver in that regard?

now examples of things that are simple but not engaging would be lets say a Dr Suess book, they have stories to tell, those stories are simple... but definitely NOT engaging for anyone whos over 3 years old.. now simple and engaging would be, most Disney films, theyre all simple yet very engaging. Something people of all ages could enjoy while still being simple enough for a child to understand and not deep or complex. The Lion King being a prime example.

Like I said the Intro trailer definitely shows both promise and potential and I liked it. But as we all know there have been plenty of things that showed potential but the final product fell short of what it could have and should have been. So the simple question would be. Does RM story feel more like a Dr Seuss book, or more like a Disney film?
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
Go to top