Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: excellent addition to the SRPG line

excellent addition to the SRPG line 7 years 1 month ago #2431

• bigmark268
  • Fresh Boarder
strategy rpgs are my absolute favorite genre of game. Few and far between they are, and oh man does this one look freaking awesome. Thanks to you guys who helped bringing this to light :D

Also i was curious whats the max level going to be? Any hints on that? Or did i just completely miss it somewhere lol.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by bigmark268.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:excellent addition to the SRPG line 7 years 1 month ago #2434

• eastasiasoft
bigmark268 wrote:
strategy rpgs are my absolute favorite genre of game. Few and far between they are, and oh man does this one look freaking awesome. Thanks to you guys who helped bringing this to light :D

Also i was curious whats the max level going to be? Any hints on that? Or did i just completely miss it somewhere lol.
Thanks for your feedback.
There's a cap on the max level but it's going to be very high. (some of our previously released screenshots are already hinting at it).

During your main story your level cap will be further limited. The really high levels can only be reached during endgame content.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:excellent addition to the SRPG line 7 years 1 month ago #2458

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
how is the leveling up process? Is it given evenly to all party members at the end of the battle or do you get xp for various actions in battle? Also do party member not active in the battle gain any xp?

Re:excellent addition to the SRPG line 7 years 1 month ago #2461

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
I believe you may be asking, 'do you benefit if you solo?' wondering if EXP is split when other party members are present.
I would be curious to know this too. Another good question you asked was 'do party members you're not currently using level up with you', and an interesting facet of this that I thought of was how some games 'force' you to have specific party members at certain points in the game.
If this is the case with Rainbow Moon, I imagine the inactive members will 'scale' with Baldren's level somewhat (or never fall out of a certain number of levels from his level).
Another interesting concept, but perhaps a little too complex as my ideas tend to be, would be if you could have two separate parties participating in a single battle, and you would switch to the other party after a few turns, and on and on. One of Final Fantasy 7's last battles used this system, and with Rainbow Moon it might work as an optional challenge for something like an advanced trophy.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:excellent addition to the SRPG line 7 years 1 month ago #2466

• eastasiasoft
jdg3 wrote:
how is the leveling up process? Is it given evenly to all party members at the end of the battle or do you get xp for various actions in battle? Also do party member not active in the battle gain any xp?
I need to dig a bit deeper to explain how this works.

First of all, you can have up to six characters in your party. You will then pick three of them to form a "battle group", including a leader as well as two companions.

Only those characters that are in your battle group will earn XP, the others won't. During a battle, whenever an enemy is killed, XP will be earned by all characters on the battle field. That means those not in your battle group won't earn XP. Neither will those that are are currently dead.

Finally, XP will only be credited after you have successfully won the battle. In case you loose the battle or escape it, all XP earned during the battle will be lost.

Whenever you have gained sufficient XP, your characters will level up. Leveling up means your HP/MP increases and sometimes you can also earn additional sub-turns or skill points.

Most important for making your characters stronger however is buying new weapons/gear and raising attributes. Besides gaining XP, you will also earn Rainbow Pearls during battles. Those Rainbow Pearls can be exchanged for improved attributes. (check out the system tab on our website for more details)

Last but not least, just a few words about characters that you don't keep in your battle party. You can play through the entire game with any combination of characters. Some battles will be easier, others will be tougher. Whether or not you want to balance your entire party and often switch your characters or prefer to stick to any three of them will be left for you to decide.

Don't worry if you disregard some characters for a while, you can quickly gain back XP/levels since there are heavy XP gaps depending on the enemies that you are fighting. Tougher enemies will earn you higher XP, so getting back weaker characters to a higher level will be reasonably quick.

Gosh, I didn't intend to write that much but hopefully this answers your question. :)
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:excellent addition to the SRPG line 7 years 1 month ago #2468

• eastasiasoft
Cauthen wrote:
Another interesting concept, but perhaps a little too complex as my ideas tend to be, would be if you could have two separate parties participating in a single battle, and you would switch to the other party after a few turns, and on and on.
This would be an interesting idea but it's not the case, you are really just fighting with those (up to) three characters that you select.

One more thing that I forgot to add, your journey really only starts out with a single character. You will have a companion reasonably early in the game but it will take you quite a while until your party is full.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Go to top