Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Difficulty - a few questions

Difficulty - a few questions 7 years 1 month ago #2444

• zoetl
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there,

as a big fan of SRPGs I'm really looking forward to this game.
From what I saw in the trailer: Instant buy!

One little concern comes to mind:
I haven't read anything regarding the games difficulty.
When I think of Söldner-X (I bought both games and still have fun with them) the challenge should be quit big ;-) Is that right?

Just remembering Vandal Hearts (XBLA-Game), which had imo one big mistake: It was way too easy (nonetheless quit fun for a short while ;-)).

Maybe we can choose the difficulty?

And I hope monsters are not leveling up with the player like in Elder Scrolls IV, where it made no real difference if you encountered a big monster at level 2 or level 88.

Ok, wish you good sales and maybe we see a third installment of Söldner-X one day.

bye
zoetl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Difficulty - a few questions 7 years 1 month ago #2445

• eastasiasoft
zoetl wrote:
as a big fan of SRPGs I'm really looking forward to this game.
From what I saw in the trailer: Instant buy!
Many thanks for the feedback. :)
One little concern comes to mind:
I haven't read anything regarding the games difficulty.
When I think of Söldner-X (I bought both games and still have fun with them) the challenge should be quit big ;-) Is that right?

Just remembering Vandal Hearts (XBLA-Game), which had imo one big mistake: It was way too easy (nonetheless quit fun for a short while ;-)).

Maybe we can choose the difficulty?
There are two difficulties to choose from: normal and hard.

On normal difficulty mode, most experienced players won't have a hard time as long as you engage into battles. There are enemies roaming around and the rule is that as long as you battle most of them and keep developing your characters, you will mostly have the upper hand. Of course there are also harder boss battles and often you need to find out the right strategy first.

However if you keep evading enemies and minimize your battles too much, you will be punished like in every other classic RPG; the game will become very though.

On hard difficulty mode, all enemies will be stronger, so eventually this will be harder, especially in the beginning. Leveling up will be required at certain stages to keep up with the game.

Anything else is the same on normal/hard difficulty and you can also earn all trophies playing either of the modes.
And I hope monsters are not leveling up with the player like in Elder Scrolls IV, where it made no real difference if you encountered a big monster at level 2 or level 88.
No way. :)

If you revisit older places, enemies there will remain at the previous level. These battles will then be a walk in the park. :)
Ok, wish you good sales and maybe we see a third installment of Söldner-X one day.
Many thanks again. :)
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Difficulty - a few questions 7 years 1 month ago #2446

• zoetl
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for answering so soon, that's what I hoped for :-)

I read rumours regarding a Vita-Version ...
Let's ask this way: Is it out of question that there is a PS Vita Version?

bye
zoetl

Re:Difficulty - a few questions 7 years 1 month ago #2447

• eastasiasoft
zoetl wrote:
I read rumours regarding a Vita-Version ...
Let's ask this way: Is it out of question that there is a PS Vita Version
No, it's not out of question but we haven't decided yet. We are fully focused on the PS3 release at the moment and will then make a decision regarding our next project.

Would you be interested in a Vita release?
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Difficulty - a few questions 7 years 1 month ago #2448

• zoetl
  • Fresh Boarder
Ah, nice to hear, eh, to read.
btw: I'm from germany so please forgive my spelling ;-)

I own a PS Vita and really like it.
So yes, a Vita-Version would be nice.

At the moment I read a lot of complaints in forums, regarding the few new Titles and not much on the release schedule.

But the question is: What would that version be?
A 1:1 copy of the PS3 game with few new monsters and stuff?
Or like Motorstorm RC, a "Dual-Version" so you could play on both consoles with the same savegame?

That would be nice, but nothing special. Nothing that would get everybody buying both versions, wouldn't it!?

Really interesting would be a an interrelation between both consoles.
And gameplay elements that complete one another.

A few ideas coming to mind, but maybe that is too specific for now ...

bye
zoetl (videogamer since Atari 2600)
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by zoetl.

Re:Difficulty - a few questions 7 years 1 month ago #2452

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
I might have inadvertently started that rumor with my post a while back about the Vita. Whoops.
...wait, whoops? What am I talking about? Now it's clear that quite a few people are in favor of the idea, that's a good thing.
But as for this - glad there's a difficulty setting. And with DLC, I imagine Rainbow Moon would have no problem being as big as a title like Hyperdimension Neptunia. Which was big.
...really big.

...heh. SideQuest and Eastasiasoft making their own console...the Ptolemaios. Exclusively plays epic 2D games -
What? I'm not talking to myself again.
Promise.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Cauthen.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Go to top