Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Character amount in battles?

Character amount in battles? 7 years 1 month ago #2450

• JarppeK
  • Fresh Boarder
So I would like to know how many characters player is usually or at maximum controlling in battle? That has in my opinion quite lot of difference for actual tactical side. I have really enjoyed battles in some SRPG games like Fire emblem games where there is quite a huge amount of controllable characters in later stage. Just bit worried of images I have seen of Rainbow moon as there only seems to be 3 "friendly looking" character shown.

If controlled character amount is so low doesn't it kind of limit what game can offer from tactical side of view? E.g. how to control movement of enemies and keep defensive lines. I hope it's not that much focused to importance of damage output as way of just blasting enemies to dust. It quite easily get to that in games like Disgaea.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Character amount in battles? 7 years 1 month ago #2451

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi JarppeK,

If you mean how many characters are in the game total, so far I know of five:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Only one party of three may be active at a given time.
Now if you mean how many characters can be active in a battle, well, I believe you have the initial three, and if I'm not mistaken, there seems to be an 'NPC mercenary' system where help can be 'hired' or 'procured' to help out the main party during battle. I may be wrong, but that's what I got out of their released material so far.
I'm sure whatever they've done will work out just fine. We'll see soon enough!

Hope this helps.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Cauthen.

Re:Character amount in battles? 7 years 1 month ago #2453

• eastasiasoft
JarppeK wrote:
So I would like to know how many characters player is usually or at maximum controlling in battle? That has in my opinion quite lot of difference for actual tactical side. I have really enjoyed battles in some SRPG games like Fire emblem games where there is quite a huge amount of controllable characters in later stage. Just bit worried of images I have seen of Rainbow moon as there only seems to be 3 "friendly looking" character shown.

If controlled character amount is so low doesn't it kind of limit what game can offer from tactical side of view? E.g. how to control movement of enemies and keep defensive lines. I hope it's not that much focused to importance of damage output as way of just blasting enemies to dust. It quite easily get to that in games like Disgaea.
You can acquire up to six characters but a maximum of three will join your battle party. We did not aim for huge mass battles with Rainbow Moon that could possibly last for a long time. Apart from the boss battles, most encounters will last no longer than three minutes. (many are even much faster)

In terms of tactical approach, there are a number of things you can do with the battle system but don't expect so much depth compared to games like Fire Emblem, it's not something that we wanted to achieve with Rainbow Moon.

I hope this answers your questions and I hope you will give Rainbow Moon a chance once it's out in the following weeks. :)

Feel free to ask if you have other questions.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Character amount in battles? 7 years 1 month ago #2485

• bonito
  • Fresh Boarder
The battels I saw yet look more likge Disgaea than Fire Emblem .. is this right? (ok smaller teams .. 3 instead of 10)

That means "ground patterns" for special moves (magic and such)

Does it have an influence if team-members stay near eah other? I think of stying guard or supporting other members fighting.

If so .. I think its Disgaea Battles with smaller teams ..

I would be very happy with that .. and what I saw does make at least the inital battles hard enough even without too much depth.

I wish you very good reviews .. and a soon release on PSN

Re:Character amount in battles? 7 years 1 month ago #2487

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
bonito wrote:
The battels I saw yet look more likge Disgaea than Fire Emblem .. is this right? (ok smaller teams .. 3 instead of 10)

That means "ground patterns" for special moves (magic and such)

Does it have an influence if team-members stay near eah other? I think of stying guard or supporting other members fighting.

Hi bonito,

it does - characters can obtain positive effects and attribute boosts if they have the right passive skills equipped and fulfill the conditions of having corresponding adjacent units around.
If so .. I think its Disgaea Battles with smaller teams ..

It's really not a Disgaea clone, but because I'm a big fan of the series, there are indeed some influences in Rainbow Moon.
I wish you very good reviews .. and a soon release on PSN

That's much appreciated, thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Marcus

Re:Character amount in battles? 7 years 1 month ago #2488

• bonito
  • Fresh Boarder
I tried just to describe what the videos look like to me.

I cannot wait for it :woohoo:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Go to top