Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EU release

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2530

• bonito
  • Fresh Boarder
To have no localization is GOOD for me - I am a german ...

Because I saw so many bad localizations - think of some of the bethesda disasters - its better to use the "original" language as long as it is something easy as english. ;)

So wait for july .. oh well ... I might have to slay some dragons elsewhere.

I think I asked it once, but I do not remember if I got an answer .. do you plan to add DLCs later? Something like more / harder dungeons etc.?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2531

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
bonito wrote:
I think I asked it once, but I do not remember if I got an answer .. do you plan to add DLCs later? Something like more / harder dungeons etc.?
Yes, there will be DLC, but SideQuest/EAS can't elaborate just yet.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2532

• eastasiasoft
bonito wrote:
There will be some DLC products available during the first few weeks of launch. We will have more news about that soon.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2533

• Matdra
  • Fresh Boarder
Good that it only some code change and not some crazy cut like the US yakuzas where there many sidequest and activity cut, or final fantasy 10 where the EU clearly got a superior version (again, more side quest and stuff). There some game where they did some story and graphycal change "for respect" too, like wild arms 2, where one of the male character was a homosexual only in the jap version.

As for the language, i personaly don't mind, as i'm fluent in english. I was just asking out of corusity but it will suck for those who don't know any english, but since most turn based game are only localised in english, most of them never got in this genre anyway since it need a lot of reading, so it not a big loss of costumers.

Edit, i hope those early DLC are not some "small potion/gold/xp pack"?
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Matdra.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2534

• eastasiasoft
Matdra wrote:
Good that it only some code change and not some crazy cut like the US yakuzas where there many sidequest and activity cut, or final fantasy 10 where the EU clearly got a superior version (again, more side quest and stuff). There some game where they did some story and graphycal change "for respect" too, like wild arms 2, where one of the male character was a homosexual only in the jap version.
We are gamers too and know very well how much these geographical changes are hated. There's also not a reason for us to change anything, actually it would just complicate things. ;-)
As for the language, i personaly don't mind, as i'm fluent in english. I was just asking out of corusity but it will suck for those who don't know any english, but since most turn based game are only localised in english, most of them never got in this genre anyway since it need a lot of reading, so it not a big loss of costumers.
We were thinking about localizations but it's really a lot of work for such a small team that we are. Rainbow Moon's total word count is >50,000 words. Apart from the actual translation process, this also has to be tested and whenever text changes happen, they need to be updated again. On top of that I can tell you that it complicates the quality approval process as well. So ultimately for us this wasn't an option.
Edit, i hope those early DLC are not some "small potion/gold/xp pack"?
It will be item DLCs. We'll have more details on this prior game launch.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2535

• Matdra
  • Fresh Boarder
That a good explanation for the lack of translation, for me this games is a day one purchase anyway as i play most of my game in english, unless they where made by french developer like Ubisoft Montreal (deus ex is a little better in french for exemple). And since i don't know any japanese, this is not a option for me.

Just don't mind me if i skip these DLC till some huge stuff that add some gameplay time appear. The game should be doable without these item pack and i prefer to play the hard way without buing a boost of power with my wallet.

If someone want to buy them though, they should feel free to do so.

And i hope you will have a huge sucess with Rainbow moon sale.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Go to top