Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EU release

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2518

Did the game fail QA in Europe only or in all territories? Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2519

• eastasiasoft
SantanaClaus89 wrote:
Did the game fail QA in Europe only or in all territories? Thanks.
Only Europe so far. Can't really say much more at the moment but we are quite confident to have wiped out all reported issues. :)

We'll have more updates in the coming days.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2523

• Matdra
  • Fresh Boarder
Since there only the EU being delayed because of a QA issue, what appening to the "release in same week" idea?

Will you delay the US version and SE asian to be fair for the european, or the way sony work is that after submission, they refuse any demand for delaying the game from the developer and publisher?

Also you said that the game will be basically equal, wich mean there are a few tweak. Are the change made for the different culture? ie : no christian joke in one version. Graphical minor or major graphical - sound -music change? ie : one npc hair color changed from red to blond, a music got switched because it used a asian language liric? Or are they gameplay change?

Finally, while a little off-topic, i like to ask if the US version will be multilanguage, I would like to show this game to my sister, but she never play anything in english, only french.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2524

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the forums, Matdra!

To maybe do the devs a little favor, I'll try to answer based on what I know, but in the end, they know best!
Because a game must be submitted separately to each region, in technicality, the game is thus a 'different game' in each region - therefore, I'm guessing the non-EU version release dates will not change.

As for tweaking the game based on region - the 'basically equal' comment - I'm almost certain there will only be minor, unnoticeable changes. I can say that the most they might do is the example you mentioned - i.e. 'no Christian joke in one version' - though I'm pretty sure all we're going to see are localization differences for the coding of each region's console. Since the music - composed and mastered by Rafael Dyll - has no lyrics, there's no change there. I can't see any gameplay changes being implemented.

As for your final question about multilingual support, I'm certain Rainbow Moon will have it. If your sister enjoys lots of games, she will definitely like Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype (and its DLC, The Last Chapter), as it has a French language option.
I don't think SideQuest would opt out of having other languages available, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Hope this helps!
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2525

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
I actually kind of like localization mistakes. The original Suikoden and Suikoden 2 (still my favorite RPG series) had a ton of localization issues but it seemed to add some character to the game.

The original final fantasy tactics was that way too. When they released the new version for psp and fixed all those issues, I actually found myself missing the original.

Re:EU release 7 years 3 weeks ago #2526

• eastasiasoft
Matdra wrote:
Since there only the EU being delayed because of a QA issue, what appening to the "release in same week" idea?

Will you delay the US version and SE asian to be fair for the european, or the way sony work is that after submission, they refuse any demand for delaying the game from the developer and publisher?

Our goal is to release in Europe & US at the same time. However if we fail to get the game through QA multiple times in one of the regions, we will obviously not keep delaying the game forever. This would also lead to other complications.

It's possible that the game will come out in one of the regions (Europe or US) first, but please wait for us to make an announcement soon.
Also you said that the game will be basically equal, wich mean there are a few tweak. Are the change made for the different culture? ie : no christian joke in one version. Graphical minor or major graphical - sound -music change? ie : one npc hair color changed from red to blond, a music got switched because it used a asian language liric? Or are they gameplay change?

Don't worry, they will all be the same gameplay wise. Changes are mostly internal (such as using a different product code, so the save games are not compatible with another, etc.).
Finally, while a little off-topic, i like to ask if the US version will be multilanguage, I would like to show this game to my sister, but she never play anything in english, only french.

I am afraid no, only English this time. The game was too large for doing a localization.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Go to top