Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skill Points

Skill Points 7 years 1 month ago #2477

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
I saw on the skills tab that the overall number of skill points are based off of the Character and his level. So do you get pts upon every level up and that can vary based on Character?

Also if you assign skill pts to unlock a skill can you later re-allocate those into a different skill or are they locked into that skill?

I also saw that skills level up with use. What is the max level and what benefits do you gain as skills level up (decreased mp usage/ increased power?)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Skill Points 7 years 1 month ago #2478

• eastasiasoft
jdg3 wrote:
I saw on the skills tab that the overall number of skill points are based off of the Character and his level. So do you get pts upon every level up and that can vary based on Character?
Skill points are used for equipping passive skills. You will receive skill points on level ups but not on every level up. When and how many skill points a character receives differs for each of them.
Also if you assign skill pts to unlock a skill can you later re-allocate those into a different skill or are they locked into that skill?
You can buy (or earn/find) new passive skills. Once you got a new passive skill, one of your character has to learn it first, then you will find it under your skill tab. Not all characters can learn all skills though.

Each passive skill requires a certain amount of skill points to equip. You can change your currently equipped passive skills at any time.
I also saw that skills level up with use. What is the max level and what benefits do you gain as skills level up (decreased mp usage/ increased power?)?
Active skills level up automatically while you use them. Leveled up skills will eventually become stronger. For example battle skills will inflict higher damage on enemies, other skills such as casting light will increase the time the skill stays active.

There's a level cap but it's pretty high. It will take you quite a while if you really want to get all your active skills leveled up to the max.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Skill Points 7 years 1 month ago #2479

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
thanks for the info, its really nice having such quick responses.

Are active skills unlocked based on level then?

Re:Skill Points 7 years 1 month ago #2480

• eastasiasoft
jdg3 wrote:
thanks for the info, its really nice having such quick responses.
Are active skills unlocked based on level then?
You are welcome, feel free to ask if you have any game related questions.

Regarding your question, active skills are also either found or purchased. Leveling up your characters only let's you earn:

- Increased HP
- Increased MP
- Additional sub-turns
- Extra skill points (for equipping passive skills)

Each time you level up, your HP/MP of your leveled up character is also completely refilled. Further, from winning battles you can earn the following:

- XP (required for leveling up)
- Rainbow Pearls (used for raising character attributes, including HP, MP, Attack, Defense, Speed and Luck)
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Skill Points 7 years 1 month ago #2492

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
So basically you can build any of the characters however you want statwise. Is move set per character and are there accessories/abilities that can increase it? I would love a powerhouse character with great movement ability.

Re:Skill Points 7 years 1 month ago #2493

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
jdg3 wrote:
I would love a powerhouse character with great movement ability.
The following text refers to characters whose names may be the same or different by default.
I could see Baldren or Gordo being well suited for something like that, going off base stats.
But then it's also going to depend on what skillset you have for them...Serena could fit the bill here (if you can afford multiple uses of skills turn after turn), just get her in range of a target and unload, then eat items like candy.
Or you could axe the whole mobility bit altogether and just buff the heck out of Trisha; she's ranged and with the correct point allocation (and equipment, etc.) every one of her shots is going to do considerable damage, so it won't matter what her Speed is or how fast she can get from place to place - just have Dozeru and someone else act as a buffer (I want to avoid using the term 'tank') and voila.
You might could try the same thing with Zelorus, but you're looking at huge MP cost and of course more item inhalation to counteract.
Heck, whether your characters are well-fed or not might factor into their overall efficiency in an effort like that, but alas.
In the end we'll probably be farming Rainbow Pearls and hording them no matter what we choose to do, so it's more a question of patience than it is whoever is more suited to whatever role. So yeah, I imagine you can build any character to mostly any role statwise.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Cauthen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Go to top