Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tutorial

Tutorial 7 years 1 month ago #2481

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
Decided to skip my usual vague thread title this time.
I guess it's fairly simple to guess what it's about.
My fellow pilots at the EDF might gasp when I say this, but...I've never played an SRPG before.
Sure, I've seen others in the genre in action, but I don't even have a vague impression of how the grid-based RPGs work. I have played R-Type Command, but that's...not an RPG.
So...will there be a tutorial explaining everything? The screenshots showing everything out of context are still great, and the explanations given on the main site's updates are fantastic, but I feel a bit intimidated by the battle system (when I saw 'rotate' as one of the battle menu choices, I bit my lip for some reason).
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tutorial 7 years 1 month ago #2482

• eastasiasoft
Cauthen wrote:
Decided to skip my usual vague thread title this time.
I guess it's fairly simple to guess what it's about.
My fellow pilots at the EDF might gasp when I say this, but...I've never played an SRPG before.
Sure, I've seen others in the genre in action, but I don't even have a vague impression of how the grid-based RPGs work. I have played R-Type Command, but that's...not an RPG.
So...will there be a tutorial explaining everything? The screenshots showing everything out of context are still great, and the explanations given on the main site's updates are fantastic, but I feel a bit intimidated by the battle system (when I saw 'rotate' as one of the battle menu choices, I bit my lip for some reason).
Yeah don't worry, there will of course be tutorials for everything. Overall the battle system is also much easier to understand compared to SRPGs that have a much stronger focus on the battle system than Rainbow Moon.

Also the game slowly starts building up. In the beginning there's really little you can do in battles besides moving and attacking with a single character (check out the IGN preview video for that!). You will steadily receive new skills and meet new characters, so you can progress step by step.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Tutorial 7 years 1 month ago #2483

• CQCider
  • Fresh Boarder
If you want one of the greatest examples of SRPGs ever made to hold you over until Rainbow Moon is released. I cannot recommend Front Mission 3 enough. It is in the PS Store under the PS1 Classics and is one of the best entry points into the genre a person could ever hope for. An absolute masterpiece and I am sure at least some of an influence on Rainbow Moon itself (Along with Final Fantasy Tactics, Vanguard Bandits, Tactics Ogre, Shining Force, and many more I would believe). Some of the inspirations seem more evident than others from the coverage I have seen so far.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Go to top