Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Excited for this

Re:Excited for this 7 years 2 weeks ago #2545

• eastasiasoft
duomaxwell007 wrote:
Estimate is good enough for me so July it is. However what confuses me is Europe gets it first? Then why do I see so many threads even at these forums asking about an EU release as if its never been confirmed for a EU release.
Rainbow Moon is confirmed for release in North America, Europe and South-East Asia. However the game has to pass QA separately in each region. We try to keep the release dates as close to another as possible, however at the moment there's a small hold up in the US.

I can't really go too much into detail but I'm confident that this will be resolved shortly for a release in July.
Also if it still needs to pass QA then what does it mean when I read an article saying RM has "gone gold"? Because I always thought wyen a game went gold it was completed, printed on discs (even thoughthis is a digital game so no discs but you get the point) passed QA and is pretty much ready to ship (or in this case be downloaded) at anytime?
I am sorry if this has confused you. The press release was made when the game was completed on our end, that means we finished all testing and bug fixing.

Sony has their own QA process, which the game has to go through afterwards and sometimes this can still cause delays.

We'll make an official announcement once everything is 100% confirmed. Sorry to keep you and other guys waiting, but we are pretty confident that there won't be any more delays beyond a July release.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Excited for this 7 years 2 weeks ago #2546

eastasiasoft wrote:
duomaxwell007 wrote:
Estimate is good enough for me so July it is. However what confuses me is Europe gets it first? Then why do I see so many threads even at these forums asking about an EU release as if its never been confirmed for a EU release.
Rainbow Moon is confirmed for release in North America, Europe and South-East Asia. However the game has to pass QA separately in each region. We try to keep the release dates as close to another as possible, however at the moment there's a small hold up in the US.

I can't really go too much into detail but I'm confident that this will be resolved shortly for a release in July.
Also if it still needs to pass QA then what does it mean when I read an article saying RM has "gone gold"? Because I always thought wyen a game went gold it was completed, printed on discs (even thoughthis is a digital game so no discs but you get the point) passed QA and is pretty much ready to ship (or in this case be downloaded) at anytime?
I am sorry if this has confused you. The press release was made when the game was completed on our end, that means we finished all testing and bug fixing.

Sony has their own QA process, which the game has to go through afterwards and sometimes this can still cause delays.

We'll make an official announcement once everything is 100% confirmed. Sorry to keep you and other guys waiting, but we are pretty confident that there won't be any more delays beyond a July release.

Yeah QA can be a pain.. I know a game whos patch was delayed for a yea (literally) because it kept failing QA (the devs were keeping up updated on their forums) in the end they had to take a few things out of the patch to finally get QA to pass.. its funny how their patch gets held up for a year while games like Skyrim pass QA just fine only for it to be filled with bugs and almost unplayable (and game breaking save mishaps)

But then I find out Sony's QA doesnt test to see if the game/patch works/plays like its supposed too, they only make sure the game/patch meets its guidelines and doesnt mess up./brick their system or creates any exploitable loopholes in their firmware/infrastructure.. as long as that part is ok they couldnt care less if the patch does what its supposed to do or the game works like its supposed to as thats not what they check lol.

One last question though... so if the game is complete and passed QA in EU... then why do they have to wait til July as opposed to getting it in the next 1-2 weeks? (Im not in EU so really doesnt matter to me but I figured Id ask anyway).

Re:Excited for this 7 years 2 weeks ago #2547

• eastasiasoft
duomaxwell007 wrote:
its funny how their patch gets held up for a year while games like Skyrim pass QA just fine only for it to be filled with bugs and almost unplayable (and game breaking save mishaps)
I think the process is a bit easier overall for big publishers and big titles. But it's just my guess, I can't say for sure. ;-)
One last question though... so if the game is complete and passed QA in EU... then why do they have to wait til July as opposed to getting it in the next 1-2 weeks? (Im not in EU so really doesnt matter to me but I figured Id ask anyway).
It's still in QA but we have a good feeling about it this time. :)
There are other tasks required between QA and release that have more deadlines and so on.

From our past experience with both Soldner-X games, July should be a pretty safe bet though. We'll know for sure in a few more days. Stay tuned for updates.

BTW: More gameplay videos are under preparation as well...
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by eastasiasoft. Reason: typo

Re:Excited for this 7 years 1 week ago #2548

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
any update on a release date yet?

Re:Excited for this 7 years 1 week ago #2549

• eastasiasoft
jdg3 wrote:
Yes, European release will be on July 4th. North America is still unconfirmed and will be at a later time in July.

We are just preparing for an announcement.

Re:Excited for this 7 years 1 week ago #2550

jdg3 wrote:

heh you should keep tabs on the rainbow moon facebook page.. Ive known the EU release date for at least 3-4 days now
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Go to top