Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Empty Furs

Empty Furs 5 years 8 months ago #7031


  • Posts:210 Thank you received: 13
  • Hobbun's Avatar
  • Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • OFFLINE
  • Karma: 5
I know this board doesn't get a lot of activity anymore, but I'm hoping someone can help me out. I did a search on the forum and couldn't find anything addressing my specific need.

But I am trying to farm Spheres of Hate right now from Empty Furs and I need a bunch of them. I can kill Empty Furs pretty easily now, but I can only find in the area of 4-6 in a battle (Stormlord's Den). And I am getting one, maybe two (if I'm lucky) Spheres of Hate after a battle. What I would really like is to be able to find 10+ Empty Furs in a combat, but that many never show up.

It's a bit frustrating, as I can find just about any of the other creatures (Huge Imps, Power Golems and Bone Lords) in large numbers, but just can't do so with Empty Furs.

Am I looking in the wrong area on floor 5 of Stormlord's Den? If there is a specific area I need to hang out for random battles to get a high number of Empty Furs, point me to it. Or even willing to go to another dungeon. However, I don't think you can get into random battles with post game monsters except in Stormlord's Den.

If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Empty Furs 5 years 8 months ago #7035


  • Posts:577 Thank you received: 55
  • SideQuestStudios's Avatar
  • SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
  • OFFLINE
  • Karma: 44
Hi Hobbun,

the last stage in Stormlord's Den is the only one where end game monsters appear in random battles. You should encounter Empty Furs here too, and at night time up to 5-7, but you won't probably see 10 or more Empty Furs within a single group.

However, there are more battles with many Empty Furs though in:

* Zrah's Camp
* Cave Of The Ancestors
* Great Labyrinth

There are not necessarily 10+ furs in each battle group, but you'll find many groups with furs there. It will take some time until they respawn, but end game monsters have a much faster respawn rate compared to regular monsters. I think it takes 12-15 game days for a regular monster to respawn while it only takes 2-4 game days for an end game monster. Bear in mind, that monsters do not respawn, as long as you're in the same area, so you need to leave and re-enter a dungeon. The delay shouldn't be a problem if you use a tavern and/or camp fire and if you have 2-3 farm camps to visit one after another. That way, you should be able to farm your spheres very quickly. Hope this helps.

Good luck and happy hunting!
Best regards,
Marcus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Empty Furs 5 years 8 months ago #7036


  • Posts:210 Thank you received: 13
  • Hobbun's Avatar
  • Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • OFFLINE
  • Karma: 5
Thanks for the detailed response, Marcus.

Ok, it sounds like this probably will be my best option (at Stormlord's Den), although to hunt at night. I think if I jumped farm camps, I would probably spend more time traveling from location to location than to pick up random battles at Stormlord's. However, I will give it a shot.

At the very least, I have not been to Cave of Ancestors as of yet, and will take a look to see how populated with Empty Furs it is.

What I really want (need) the Spheres of Hate for is to bump up my speed to take on Stormlord. His speed is in the 9000s ( :blink: ). I don't expect to match him by any means, but I would at least like to get to 5000. Right now my highest speed is with Dozeru (ironically) at 2000 as he already has 30 spheres on his armor. What I want to do is put 99 on each character who is going after Stormlord, so I have some sort of fighting chance.

30 down and 267 to go! :sick:

Also, one thing I've always wondered is why did you decide to give money/materials after the battle is over with post game creatures? Instead of putting them in bags (to be picked up) like the rest of the game?
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Empty Furs 5 years 8 months ago #7037


  • Posts:577 Thank you received: 55
  • SideQuestStudios's Avatar
  • SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
  • OFFLINE
  • Karma: 44
Hi Hobbun,
Hobbun wrote:
At the very least, I have not been to Cave of Ancestors as of yet, and will take a look to see how populated with Empty Furs it is.

I think it's a good idea to remember or write down which groups contain most of the monsters you want to battle, so it will be much easier on your next farm cycle. This can be confusing sometimes, especially if groups have a high amount of a certain monster type, but a different leader. I remember that a lot of skeleton groups are accompanied by many furs.

Hobbun wrote:
Also, one thing I've always wondered is why did you decide to give money/materials after the battle is over with post game creatures? Instead of putting them in bags (to be picked up) like the rest of the game?

Initially we used the same drop method as for all other common battles. But while testing end game content, we realized that battles have become boring and far too easy.

The reason was drop rates are very high for end game monsters and the battle groups are often large. In addition, end game monsters sometimes can even spawn new monsters or have the ability to tile. Because of that, battle fields have been overspammed with bags and monsters couldn't hardly move anywhere. Suddenly, battles have been very static and most monsters couldn't move or using skills at all.

At this time, we already had an alternate drop system ready that was used for bosses and so we decided to take this approach for end game battles too and the change was well received by our beta testers.

Good luck on your sphere hunt B)
Best regards,
Marcus
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Empty Furs 5 years 8 months ago #7038


  • Posts:210 Thank you received: 13
  • Hobbun's Avatar
  • Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • OFFLINE
  • Karma: 5
SideQuestStudios wrote:

I think it's a good idea to remember or write down which groups contain most of the monsters you want to battle, so it will be much easier on your next farm cycle. This can be confusing sometimes, especially if groups have a high amount of a certain monster type, but a different leader. I remember that a lot of skeleton groups are accompanied by many furs.

That's a good point. Will need to try the wandering creatures to see if Empty Furs are grouped with them as well. I know I've run into several groups of monsters already. Thanks.
SideQuestStudios wrote:
Initially we used the same drop method as for all other common battles. But while testing end game content, we realized that battles have become boring and far too easy.

The reason was drop rates are very high for end game monsters and the battle groups are often large. In addition, end game monsters sometimes can even spawn new monsters or have the ability to tile. Because of that, battle fields have been overspammed with bags and monsters couldn't hardly move anywhere. Suddenly, battles have been very static and most monsters couldn't move or using skills at all.

At this time, we already had an alternate drop system ready that was used for bosses and so we decided to take this approach for end game battles too and the change was well received by our beta testers.

Good luck on your sphere hunt B)

Yes, I suppose I do receive a lot more items after a battle with post game monsters compared to picking up bags of treasure. I never really thought about it before, however, I see your point. But you should have had more Spheres of Hate drop! :) I get one, maybe two, out of a list of 30(ish) items.

Finally, wanted to thank you for Rainbow Moon, I can't remember the last time I've played a game where it's held my interest for this long (clocking in at 300 hours now).

And SO glad you are making Rainbow Skies, but when are you going to release more info on it? Already getting my info withdrawal for the game. :P
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Empty Furs 5 years 8 months ago #7040


  • Posts:1053 Thank you received: 74
  • eastasiasoft's Avatar
  • eastasiasoft
  • Moderator
  • OFFLINE
  • Karma: 52
Hobbun wrote:
And SO glad you are making Rainbow Skies, but when are you going to release more info on it? Already getting my info withdrawal for the game. :P

There will be more announcements in the coming 1-2 months.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Go to top