Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag

Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag 1 year 4 months ago #8464

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Now, I understand that if you don't pick up all your treasure bags during combat, there is a good chance you will lose out on receiving treasure. So I always make a point to go around and pick up all the bags before finishing off the last enemy.

The only exception to this is with the last enemy. You obviously cannot pick up that bag as the combat immediately ends. Before, that wasn't an issue, as I would still always receive the treasure in the bag. However, since during post game, I haven't done so.

With my example, I've been fighting Huge Imps mixed in with scorpions and mages. There have been times where I've finished off a scorpion and mage as my last enemy, they have dropped a treasure bag, but I will not receive anything in the bag. What I will usually receive is one more Lucky Paws, which I know comes only from the Huge Imp(s).

My question is, shouldn't I receive the Lucky Paw(s) 'and' whatever the bag would leave? Seems like I am being shorted out on whatever items or gold that may have been in the bag from the last enemy I killed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag 1 year 4 months ago #8465

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

For end game mobs, the same drop handling that is used for bosses is active. There are several reasons why we implemented it that way:

* End game mobs have much higher drop rates and they drop with higher item counts, so the bonus for the guaranteed item when collected manual is getting less relevant.
* If you reach a certain strength, end game battles can become very fast (at least as long as you don't move on to tougher enemies) and in our test sessions we didn't see the fun in collecting hundreds of bags, so we moved on to the boss collection mode for a more convenient gameplay.
* All mobs that have this rule applied are using a different drop logic.
* You can't affect the outcome in that case. It's by design, but of course the game has been testet with this setup.

Please keep in mind that these rules only affect end game mobs. For standard mobs, the normal rules are still valid, so if you have a battle with huge imps (end game mob) and scorpions (standard mob), the game distinguishes between both types and handels each one on their own.

To sum it up, the scorpions doesn't affect the drop handling of the huge imps and vice versa or in other words: If you collect a scorpion bag, a drop is guaranteed. For the huge imp it's not.

If you progress further, the chance that you'll find mixed battles (end game / normal mobs) is getting lower and lower and the bags are start vanishing completely, so it's nothing you should worry about.

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by SideQuestStudios.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag 1 year 4 months ago #8468

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Marcus,

Thanks for the explanation, but I do understand how drops from post-game mobs differ from standard mobs, in that all your items are given at the end of the combat (no bags). And why you do so, which I agree with. :)

But my questions dealt specifically with a combat mixed with standard and post-game mobs, and if the last monster you kill is a standard mob, and he drops a bag.

To use a better example (not sure why I said scorpion, as I’m not running into them with my post-game mobs), but with a Book of Rage, which has sometimes been mixed in with Huge Imps, they can drop anything from a Mystic Paper, Essence of the Moon, Foolish Eye or just Rainbow coins.

Obviously, they can drop ‘none’ of that. However, if I finish off one of them as my very last creature, and a bag ‘does’ drop, shouldn’t I get something from that bag?

There have been times in situations like this, where just the Lucky Paw shows up on the list at the end of combat, and I know that is associated with the Huge Imp(s) I had killed. Shouldn’t I get something from the bag that dropped, as well?

I hope I explained it more clearly this time.

And I want to clarify I am not complaining at all, just trying to understand, in that uncommon situation I am in, why something isn’t dropping out of that bag, as well. :)
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Hobbun.

Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag 1 year 4 months ago #8469

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

Sorry for not getting the point of your question.
Hobbun wrote:
Obviously, they can drop ‘none’ of that. However, if I finish off one of them as my very last creature, and a bag ‘does’ drop, shouldn’t I get something from that bag?

Not necessarily. If a bag drops that is not collected manually, there's no guarantee that you receive an item. That's the same in the main game. The only guarantee is, that an item requester contains at least a single item to avoid empty reward requester, which we all found to be very uncool here;)

And that's exactly how the bonus works and why you obtain more items if you collect every bag on its own, because each time a fresh reward requester is opened and each time at least one item in this requester is guaranteed.

It's the same for the main game, but if you just rely on auto-collect, a list of all possible drops is built, but only one drop is guaranteed for the entire list. You got my point? So, if the last mob drops a bag, you'll receive at least one item, if you have collected all other drops before, but if not, you might get nothing from this bag.

And that's basically what happens in a mixed battle. Because the end game mobs might have already added items to the list, that's the reason why a drop is not guaranteed for the last bag, because there are already items in the requester and therefore the guarantee for at least 1 drop is already fulfilled.

This can also happen in the main game by the way, if you fight a boss monster and you kill the boss before killing his minions and the last minion drops a bag, you might not get anything from it, if the boss have already added items to the list.

This doesn't overwrite the individual drop rules, it's just that the general logic no longer creates the extra bonus item.

Might sound a bit complex, but in fact it's a simple rule.

Hope this does answer your question?
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag 1 year 4 months ago #8470

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hobbun wrote:
And I want to clarify I am not complaining at all, just trying to understand, in that uncommon situation I am in, why something isn’t dropping out of that bag, as well. :)

No worries, I didn't consider this as complaining and even if so, it would be fine :) We're always interested in feedback.
Best regards,
Marcus

Not receiving treasure from last treasure bag 1 year 4 months ago #8471

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, I see what you are saying on how that works. Because I am already getting a drop (or drops) from the post-game mobs, it can potentially replace what the bag would give me, as it is resolved in the same instance.

And I always do go around and pick up all the bags, as I've heard before it is best to get the most treasure, I just was asking in regards to clarification on that much less common situation of having a bag drop at the end of combat from a standard mob AND getting something from a post-game creature.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it in detail, Marcus. I know you are very busy on Rainbow Skies, so it is much appreciated on the response. :)

Speaking of Rainbow Skies, when are we going to get another update here? I've been looking at Facebook almost daily and no update since Feb. 3. ;)
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Go to top