Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Serena's defense

Serena's defense 4 months 4 weeks ago #8960

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
Trying to complete Rainbow Moon fully before Skies release, not sure I will be able to. Right now I am fighting the Banned Pages. Serena's defense is about 2000 'less' than Baldren's, but yet for some reason she is taking less damage than Baldren against the Banned Pages.

What makes it even more unusual is Baldren is favored against this enemy (takes yellow damage-37.5% less damage).

I am glad Serena is not taking as much damage as anticipated, but just doesn't compute and I don't like when I don't understand fully how my skills are working. She does have the passive skill Gentlemen (20% less damage when adjacent to male ally) but even with that her defense is less, and then again Baldren is supposed to take less damage against BP. And she has still taken less damage even when not adjacent to Baldren (or another party member).

She really has become my tank against the Banned Pages with taking less damage (better defense??), even though she has less HPs than Baldren, so it's kind of weird.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Serena's defense 4 months 4 weeks ago #8961

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

Sorry for the delay, but we're really busy with Rainbow Skies launch preparations.

Regarding the damage that Serena takes, this is strongly affected by BIAS. Because Serena and the Banned Pages are both very close to the magical type, there is hardly a damage / malus here.

But Baldrens BIAS is mainly physical, that means he's much more vulnerable against magical monsters. There is a very huge difference between these both types which can weight stronger than the difference in defense.

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards,
Marcus
Best regards,
Marcus

Serena's defense 4 months 4 weeks ago #8962

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
No need to apologize! As you said, you are quite busy with preparations on Rainbow Skies release. I actually received my shipping notification yesterday, and (most) of my copies are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. :woohoo:

Ok, that makes sense. I'll be honest, the BIAS is something I never really got down. I understand the different weapon types and how one does more damage to certain types than the other, but the BIAS I never fully grasped. So physical takes more damage from magical, but does more damage in return? And vice-versa?

It's just kind of funny as Baldren is 'strong' against the Banned Pages, but yet due to the BIAS, he takes more damage than Serena. :)

Serena's defense 4 months 3 weeks ago #8963

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hobbun wrote:
I actually received my shipping notification yesterday, and (most) of my copies are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. :woohoo:

Have fun B)

Hobbun wrote:
Ok, that makes sense. I'll be honest, the BIAS is something I never really got down. I understand the different weapon types and how one does more damage to certain types than the other, but the BIAS I never fully grasped. So physical takes more damage from magical, but does more damage in return? And vice-versa?

It works very similar like the weapon affinity system. It doesn't really decrease defense, it increases the attack for the banned pages. Think of it as a multiplier. As higher the BIAS difference between the attacker and defender unit is, as higher this multiplier gets. And the attacker make use of this bonus. This is why physical units must be careful when attacked by magical. (And vice versa of course)

However the system was probably a bit abstract and we had no graphical representation, so you're not the only one who came up with questions regarding this. That's why we've removed the BIAS feature from Rainbow Skies.
Best regards,
Marcus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Go to top