Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Soldner-X Trilogy

Re:Soldner-X Trilogy 5 years 10 months ago #4274

• Rainbow84
  • Junior Boarder
Yogie accidently you double posted but before i made my comment i felt this to be appropriate just so you realize :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Soldner-X Trilogy 5 years 10 months ago #4275

• Rainbow84
  • Junior Boarder
I would certainly "LOVE" to see a trilogy here, honestly the game can go so many ways and perhaps could do a spin off where they base the galaxies on the real ones around here and perhaps do some levels like in the haze of a real planet such as you know perhaps giving a rendition of what Venus would look like or saturn or even better do something similar to Gyrus! XD sorry even though that soundtrack in the beginning had that gothic feel it was a really great game. However, honestly if they wanted to add more to the story and really give it an edge by all means do so .. I havent enjoyed a side scroller shooter in years and again EAS you exceeded my expectations :)

Re:Soldner-X Trilogy 5 years 10 months ago #4364

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
A third installment would be spectacular. Unfortunately, Final Prototype didn't seem to do as well as Himmelssturmer, even though everyone loved both titles. It was a matter of timing and competition on PSN.
Even before Final Prototype's release, though, I was expanding the story of the Soldner-X universe with back-to-back installments in my Looking Deeper thread (found in 'The mixed bag' section at the bottom of the forum).
I'll be continuing to do this, and in the future I'll be working on a project in that vein that will more or less be a stand-in for a third Soldner-X if they never make it. ;)
Anyway, if EAS/SideQuest Studios decide not to make a third shmup, perhaps they'll consider setting their future titles in the universe? In fact, Rainbow Moon is a case of this (Baldren is in Ellje - the fourth stage of Final Prototype - before being sent to Rainbow Moon).
Either way, at the forums and in EAS/SideQuest we never say never, so stay on board and find out...
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:Soldner-X Trilogy 5 years 9 months ago #5119

• FlareZero
  • Fresh Boarder
Cauthen wrote:
A third installment would be spectacular. Unfortunately, Final Prototype didn't seem to do as well as Himmelssturmer, even though everyone loved both titles. It was a matter of timing and competition on PSN.
Even before Final Prototype's release, though, I was expanding the story of the Soldner-X universe with back-to-back installments in my Looking Deeper thread (found in 'The mixed bag' section at the bottom of the forum).
I'll be continuing to do this, and in the future I'll be working on a project in that vein that will more or less be a stand-in for a third Soldner-X if they never make it. ;)
Anyway, if EAS/SideQuest Studios decide not to make a third shmup, perhaps they'll consider setting their future titles in the universe? In fact, Rainbow Moon is a case of this (Baldren is in Ellje - the fourth stage of Final Prototype - before being sent to Rainbow Moon).
Either way, at the forums and in EAS/SideQuest we never say never, so stay on board and find out...

For real? awensome! :laugh:

I belive in Estasia for Soldner X3!

Re:Soldner-X Trilogy 5 years 9 months ago #5132

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
FlareZero wrote:
For real? awensome! :laugh:
Haha, oh yes. There are quite a few references in Rainbow Moon, and as that stands, it's more than just a reference. Hopefully this trend sticks, because it's neat to have those little moments, and knowing that you're closer to 'home' than you think.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:Soldner-X Trilogy 5 years 9 months ago #6242

• AmanoJ
  • Fresh Boarder
I just wanted to say that I would absolutely love a Soldner X3. X2 was such a wonderful, wonderful game. I have purchased many games from PSN and others, and it stands as one of my absolute favorites. Worth every penny, and then some.
Just looking at the improvements going from the first game to the second makes my imagination go wild with how great a third game could be. They seriously took everything good about the first game and dramatically improved upon it, stripped out what didn't work so well, and added a ton of great new ideas to round it out. I can't think of many other examples of such a great evolution between installments (it also makes me imagine how awesome a sequel to Rainbow Moon could be :D).

Personally, I didn't pay much attention to the story in X or X2... they seemed a little odd or fragmented or something, but the gameplay was just incredible, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy a third game if it was made, not even for a second.
X2 was and is a really great game, and I recommend it highly to anyone I speak to. It's one of my favorite games this generation, PSN title or otherwise. I really REALLY hope they end up making a third.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Go to top