Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Really Disappointed

Really Disappointed 10 months 2 weeks ago #8525

• duke301
  • Fresh Boarder
The reason I bought this game is because I really enjoyed Rainbow Moon and I wanted to support the developers. It is a pretty fun game, but the fact that you are unable to retain your stats/unlocks if you die or even turn it off to take a break is truly a fatal flaw, one which would have been a deal-breaker had I known about it beforehand. It's a pretty long game, and you can't expect people to play all the way through it in one sitting. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have that kind of time.
Anyway, my question is this: Is there any way that you can patch the game so that it allows you to keep yous stats and unlocks? Either that, or add an easy/hard mode which gives you the option? Also, if the answer to both of these questions is no, then how can I get my $13.50 back?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Really Disappointed 10 months 2 weeks ago #8526

• eastasiasoft
We are sorry to hear that you feel disappointed. Obviously Lost Sea is very different from Rainbow Moon. Lost Sea is very short and meant to be played in one session, while Rainbow Moon is an RPG. To answer your questions:

It's a pretty long game, and you can't expect people to play all the way through it in one sitting. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have that kind of time.

It's indeed designed to be played in one sitting. The average completion time is around 2 hours, although it may take a bit longer if you aren't very familiar with the game yet or try to fully explore all islands.

The game currently saves the following:

- Unlocked zones
- Collected treasures
- Game settings

If you want to play the game as an adventure game, just for the sake of completion, we recommend to take advantage of the warp function. Each time you beat a boss, newly unlocked zones will become permanently available.

Alternatively you can also use your console's suspend mode if you would like to take a break. We understand that this isn't always as convenient as saving the game, but I just wanted to highlight the option.

Is there any way that you can patch the game so that it allows you to keep yous stats and unlocks? Either that, or add an easy/hard mode which gives you the option?

We have recently introduced a patch for PC, which allows you to save & quit the game and continue playing at a later time. The permadeath system however remains in place as the entire game is balanced around it.

We are looking into making the patch available on consoles, however it may take some time as the certification process on consoles is a lot more complicated than on PC and there are some other complications that needs to be solved, too. Please keep an eye on our social channel for updates.

Also, if the answer to both of these questions is no, then how can I get my $13.50 back?

Unfortunately we aren't able to help you with that. You would need to contact the customer service of the platform holder, such as Sony (PS4) or Microsoft (Xbox One).
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by eastasiasoft.

Really Disappointed 10 months 2 weeks ago #8528

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
This is something I was concerned about when finding about in the streams and then reading the reviews. Like duke indicated, I don’t have the time to dedicate the time to finish the game in one sitting.

The average play time may be less than 2 hours eventually, but I am sure that is something that would need to be achieved at many hours of playing the game and becoming good at it. Some of us just want to beat the game at first, before we would become that experienced. And having to defeat it, before we can speed run it, 5+ hours in one sitting is not realistic for some of us.

Although that is great in announcing the patch, I do think it is a good idea. And I do understand doing that for consoles does take longer.

In regards to using the warps when coming back to the game, my issue with that is you’ve lost everything up to that point. So if you stop playing during the 4th biome, you’ve lost any crew or upgrades you gained during the first three biomes, and only have those last two biomes to gain upgrades/crew to finish the game.

That said, having this concern, I still bought it anyways to try it out and support Eastasiasoft. I really appreciate them publishing Rainbow Moon. Also, I really appreciate how open they are willing to answer questions and communicate with the fans. If you go to any of their social media sites (official game blog sites, Facebook, twitter, etc.), even besides this one, they will always answer questions if you ask something. Of course you see that more with small companies like that, but it still doesn’t mean they have to do so. So for me, that almost $30 is money well spent (I bought the physical copy) and I will continue to support EAS as I can tell they are a company that does care and do their best to appease their fans (the patch an example of this).

And as for getting your money back, as Eastasiasoft indicated, you need to contact Sony on that. But good luck with that, they are not going to refund your money. And rightly so, EAS has been very open on information for the game before it was released if you followed their blog or their streams, so you had every chance to find out the nuances and how the game is played before you purchased it.

Nevermind the fact that you could have even waited after reading the reviews before you immediately went out and purchased it. If you want to be a Day 1 adopter, and not look at any of the pre-release information on the game, this is your risk.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Hobbun.
Moderators: eastasiasoft
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top