Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments

Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments 1 year 3 months ago #8411

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I’ve tried to post a couple of times on your official website (in the comments area) for Rainbow Skies. But both times, my posts have disappeared (deleted?) after a few minutes.

Not really sure what is going on. Anyone able to help me out here?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments 1 year 3 months ago #8412

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

Sorry to hear about that. Might be a technical issue or the comments have to be approved manually. We currently have a huge spam problem.

I'm sure EAS will address that soon.
Best regards,
Marcus

Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments 1 year 3 months ago #8413

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Well, if it needed to be approved manually, normally in my experience on boards the post doesn't show up at all (until approved) and then will post after it's been approved. But both times I've written my post, it posts immediately, but then maybe 4-5 minutes later, it disappears.

EAS, any idea what might be going on? Is this normal now on posts in the comments section on the official site? Sorry to hear about the spam, btw.

Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments 1 year 3 months ago #8414

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
Well, if it needed to be approved manually, normally in my experience on boards the post doesn't show up at all (until approved) and then will post after it's been approved. But both times I've written my post, it posts immediately, but then maybe 4-5 minutes later, it disappears.

EAS, any idea what might be going on? Is this normal now on posts in the comments section on the official site? Sorry to hear about the spam, btw.

There's no moderation on the Disqus comments but I also noticed that your post has somehow disappeared. I'm wondering if there's some sort of Spam filter and Disqus automatically deleted your post for some reason. I will try to look into this on Monday.

To answer your original question, skills can be learned by different classes. It's actually one of the focuses in Rainbow Skies. There will still be unique skills, but a lot of the skills can now be learned by multiple characters. I hope that answers your question. :)
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments 1 year 3 months ago #8415

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
eastasiasoft wrote:
Hobbun wrote:

There's no moderation on the Disqus comments but I also noticed that your post has somehow disappeared. I'm wondering if there's some sort of Spam filter and Disqus automatically deleted your post for some reason. I will try to look into this on Monday.

To answer your original question, skills can be learned by different classes. It's actually one of the focuses in Rainbow Skies. There will still be unique skills, but a lot of the skills can now be learned by multiple characters. I hope that answers your question. :)

To be clear, I am not making the post on Disqus website/message board system, but I use Disqus as a login for the comments section, if that makes sense. I actually write the post out and submit it on your site.

As for your answer, sorry, but it really doesn't answer it. Or I am not understanding. Also, not sure what you mean by skills can now be learned by multiple characters, as in that is new. There were many skills in Rainbow Moon that could be learned by multiple characters. Am I missing something?

But Marcus had indicated in another thread that skills are learned via schools. There are 10 schools total but characters can only learn up to 3 schools (Monsters can learn up to 2).

My question basically is general skills, that are good for everyone, are those relegated to a specific school? Like my example of the resistances (Poison Resistance, Daze Resistance, Worsened Resistance, etc), those are skills you want for all characters. But do I need to take the school(s) associated with these skills for everyone if I want all of them to learn these resistance skills? Honestly, I hope not, with the very limited schools characters can take, I hope there is another option to learn those skills useful (if not mandatory) for all characters.

I hope that was more clear on my question.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Hobbun.

Posts disappearing on official RS site in comments 1 year 3 months ago #8416

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
To be clear, I am not making the post on Disqus website/message board system, but I use Disqus as a login for the comments section, if that makes sense. I actually write the post out and submit it on your site.

Disqus is the plugin that we are using on the Rainbow Skies website. All comments go through their website and might be filtered before they appear in the comments section. I'm not sure why the post was deleted. I received a notification email but for some reason it doesn't show up in the system. My best bet is that Disqus filtered it as spam but I will try to find out on Monday when I'm back in the office.

Marcus will be the best to answer your question, please give him some time as he is often quite busy. We will also work on detailed system instructions once we are closer to game release, but at the moment there's not enough to show yet as a lot of core features are still being worked on and might still change until game release.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Go to top