Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Update?

Update? 10 months 3 weeks ago #8481

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Are we going to receive an update in the near future?

It’s been over 3 months now.

Sorry if I'm getting a bit impatient. :)
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update? 10 months 3 weeks ago #8482

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
Are we going to receive an update in the near future?
It’s been over 3 months now.
Sorry if I'm getting a bit impatient. :)

We spent around 2 weeks on the Limited Run editions, had to make new builds, test them, design the manuals, etc. During that time development slowed down. At the moment SideQuest is working on more UI (that will still continue for several months as it's a big part of the game), battle skills and the monster farm feature.

Really big updates, including video footage, system explanations, etc. won't happen until very close to release but we can probably share a few screenshots of some of the battle skills soon.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Update? 10 months 3 weeks ago #8483

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Yes, that’s true about having to take time to work on the physical copies, I was not sure if you had started doing that, yet. Thank you for that, btw!

And I wasn’t looking for any videos, but just another update in size similar to when you told us how you are handling the new dialogue system (your update August 2015).

I’m just curious though, why can’t you give any larger updates (barring videos) until close to release? If they are not done yet, that is understandable, but then I don’t think you will be finishing all the gameplay aspects at the very last minute (close to release).

I am really curious to see how the monster system will work, how skills will relate in the new game, more detailed info on the combo skills, how we will raise our attribute levels, more on the new quest system, etc. I can’t imagine all of that is going to be finished very close to release?

Or do you mean you are with-holding it purposefully as you don’t want to give too much away too early? That’s ok, you can spoil us with some stuff. :)

Update? 10 months 3 weeks ago #8484

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
I’m just curious though, why can’t you give any larger updates (barring videos) until close to release? If they are not done yet, that is understandable, but then I don’t think you will be finishing all the gameplay aspects at the very last minute (close to release).

In fact you'd probably be surprised how many visual details still change in the last few weeks of development. There are a lot of placeholders in the game (from Rainbow Moon) at the moment, something that simply doesn't look great and takes time if it needs to be photoshopped. It's really much easier to capture good screenshots when the game is close to completion.

Apart from that there are a few other reasons:

- It's still too early
- There's not always brand new & cool stuff to show
- Some things we really don't want to spoil. (e.g. we are very proud of how intro & outro turned out but we really don't like to spoil it)
- We are busy with development & other things

As you might be aware, we at eastasiasoft are also still working on Lost Sea, which will be out this summer. We are close to completing the Xbox One version and at the same time we are preparing marketing and other material required for the release this summer. In between we still test and get the Limited Run editions ready for release, too.

We only have limited manpower and resources available, so that basically means one big project at a time. Once Lost Sea is released and we are getting close to Rainbow Skies' release, there will probably be more frequent updates.

In the meantime we will try to squeeze in a few new screenshots soon. Full fledged system explanations will definitely still take a while though.
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Update? 10 months 3 weeks ago #8485

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, thanks for taking the time to explain.

And I’m sorry for seeming to be pushy. But I just want you to know it’s not because I am upset or expecting constant updates, but because I am just excited for the game.

For many, the Rainbow franchise falls under the radar. It doesn't have the star power of Final Fantasy (don’t get me started on FF), Kingdom Hearts or Persona. But to me, Rainbow Moon is definitely one of my all-time favorite games, and my favorite for the PS3. I can say that Rainbow Skies is easily my most anticipated game, so that is why I may seem pushy and impatient.

I certainly understand you have a small team, and I am very glad you are taking your time to do it right, but I will fully admit I am starving to find out more. :)

Btw, from looking at the intro video and screenshots, I am looking forward to Lost Sea, as well. ;)
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Hobbun.

Update? 10 months 3 weeks ago #8486

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

Many thanks for being such a loyal fan and for your interest in our series, really much appreciated.

I promise to provide EAS with some more updates, but as EAS said, it's still too early for the really big updates.
Best regards,
Marcus
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
Go to top