Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Size of world?

Size of world? 1 year 2 months ago #8488

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I remember you indicated years back that the plan was to have two parallel worlds, a light and dark one. What you do in one world, could affect the other. And some places could only be accessed in one world.

I thought you had also mentioned that in having two worlds, that the overall map would be smaller. Being a few years later now, in designing all, or maybe even most of the world content for the game, how has that changed, if at all?

To be honest, with all of the extra content you have hinted at in Rainbow Skies, I am hoping that the overall map (not counting both light and dark realms together) is just as big as Rainbow Moon, or even bigger, and then even more with having two worlds (realms) of that size. :) And you maybe have even more than the original 25 (tentative number) dungeons that were planned.

Would you be able to expand a bit on that a little? Please take your time, I know you are busy. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Size of world? 1 year 2 months ago #8489

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

It's just implemented as announced :)

I think the world size is not the most important parameter. An extremely large but empty world can be very boring if there isn't enough content, variation or secrets to discover.

So we focus to provide tons of quests, battles, dungeons, hidden stuff to discover, riddles, mini games and as usual many more details for you guys. I think that's what brings the fun to gameplay.

Same thing with the dungeons. 25 is just a number B) And more dungeons does not necessarily make the game better. It strongly depends on the level design, how many sub levels each dungeon have, the variation in design and graphics, the monster, the things you'll discover in that dungeon, how interesting the exploration will be, the balancing of the battles, the specifics and hidden areas and so on. By the way, Jules did a wonderful job with the dungeon design so far. We're very confident you guys will love it as we do :)

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeep, Hobbun

Size of world? 1 year 2 months ago #8490

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Yes, you are exactly right on all accounts. An empty world is a boring world, as are small and uninspiring dungeons. I guess I should have clarified in my post on hoping for the larger world and more dungeons, that the exploration would still have fun-filled content, which you have already shown you can do. So that assumption was already there. :)

So when I say I would love to see an even larger world or more dungeons, I meant more of what you have established already on what you can do with content. And I made this post as the last time you brought up the size of the world and number of dungeons has been a good couple of years, and estimation on size/number 'before' you design the content can be quite different than when you actually implement it, so I was wondering if it changed since then. And was hoping for maybe something along the lines of "Yes, we were estimating a world a bit smaller than Rainbow Moon/about the same amount of dungeons, but after adding content we felt you would love and we felt was necessary, that size/number increased." ;)

Size of world? 9 months 2 days ago #8620

• Zeep
  • Fresh Boarder
As if I wasn't hyped enough already. This whole post got me excited but RIDDLES!!? Sounds fun!

Size of world? 9 months 1 day ago #8621

• eastasiasoft
Zeep wrote:
As if I wasn't hyped enough already. This whole post got me excited but RIDDLES!!? Sounds fun!

It's actually puzzles in general, not really solving riddles. Here's an example:
twitter.com/RainbowSkiesRPG/status/664834803699613696
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Go to top