Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Difficulty and the 'grind'

Difficulty and the 'grind' 4 days 21 hours ago #8896

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
So Marcus, is that literally starting with 'bare hands' if you go 'pro mode' (or whatever it ends up being called)? :)

But really glad there is going to be something similar to Adventuresome, like from Rainbow Moon. Definitely will be choosing that.

And still psyched about the 200+ hours in just the main game alone. If someone is just as thorough in post-game (does EVERYTHING), what would you say they could expect on amount of time? And yes, I realize time isn't always a good measurement, what is more important is quality content. But I have every confidence the content is just as good quality and just as fulfilling, if not more so, than Rainbow Moon.

With myself, you can probably at least increase that time by 50%, if not more. Where I have read a lot of people having to do busy work in Rainbow Moon to reach that 100 hours, I hit that right around when I began exploring Arilla. Yes, I am slow on my play throughs. Have always been that way in games. The first time I defeated Rainbow Moon (almost to DK) I was in the area of almost 400 hours. :) Right now in my 2nd play through I am at Mining Shaft in Mordan and around 125 hours.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Difficulty and the 'grind' 4 days 20 hours ago #8897

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hobbun wrote:
So Marcus, is that literally starting with 'bare hands' if you go 'pro mode' (or whatever it ends up being called)? :)

Yes, it's very similar to 'Adventuresome' from RainbowMoon, just without the bonus and it has an effect at several times in the main story, not just at the start.
Hobbun wrote:
And still psyched about the 200+ hours in just the main game alone. If someone is just as thorough in post-game (does EVERYTHING), what would you say they could expect on amount of time? And yes, I realize time isn't always a good measurement, what is more important is quality content. But I have every confidence the content is just as good quality and just as fulfilling, if not more so, than Rainbow Moon.

With myself, you can probably at least increase that time by 50%, if not more. Where I have read a lot of people having to do busy work in Rainbow Moon to reach that 100 hours, I hit that right around when I began exploring Arilla. Yes, I am slow on my play throughs. Have always been that way in games.

Everyone has his own preferred speed, which is fine :cheer:
Hobbun wrote:
The first time I defeated Rainbow Moon (almost to DK) I was in the area of almost 400 hours. :) Right now in my 2nd play through I am at Mining Shaft in Mordan and around 125 hours.

Congratulations. If I remember correctly, we even had uploads that reached the game timer limit of 999 hours.

Kind regards,
Marcus
Best regards,
Marcus

Difficulty and the 'grind' 4 days 9 hours ago #8901

Hobbun wrote:
The first time I defeated Rainbow Moon (almost to DK) I was in the area of almost 400 hours. :)

The missus and me took 300 hours to "finish" Rainbow Moon, however we did not do all the optional content. I cannot imagine anyone finishing the game in less then 150 hours. We do tend to let our perfectionism get the better of us though, over analyzing and what not...

Difficulty and the 'grind' 3 days 21 hours ago #8903

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Nemesis1982 wrote:
Hobbun wrote:
The first time I defeated Rainbow Moon (almost to DK) I was in the area of almost 400 hours. :)

The missus and me took 300 hours to "finish" Rainbow Moon, however we did not do all the optional content. I cannot imagine anyone finishing the game in less then 150 hours. We do tend to let our perfectionism get the better of us though, over analyzing and what not...

With how many hours I've put into this game between my play throughs, I haven't actually reached DK yet. The highest level I have gotten to is in the low 700s.

However much I love the game, one of the issues Rainbow Moon has is it gets to a point in post-game where there just isn't much to do except grind to raise levels and take on Annihilator and DK. I was basically grinding to get more Spheres of Hate for crafting and to raise high enough to take on Annihilator and DK. So had to take a break from it and when I finally got back to the game, the retail version of Rainbow Moon (PS4) was released, so I just started over. I did platinum the first time through, though.

What I hope was done for Rainbow Skies is there are quests to do all the way to the end. And I mean 'end' as in maxing your levels (I assume you will be able to go to 999 again) and taking on the ultimate creature(s) like DK. If there were quests to take me to 999 and DK, I know I wouldn't have taken that break.
Last Edit: 3 days 21 hours ago by Hobbun.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Go to top