Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Suggest your improvements for the game

Suggest your improvements for the game 1 week 5 days ago #9012

First off, I just want to say that I'm absolutely loving Rainbow Skies, I loved Rainbow Moon and couldn't wait for this to be released and I'm loving it so far.

I thought this would be a good thread for us to discuss things between us we feel personally could make the game better, obviously the developers release the game and this is when they'll be able to get feedback, work on things etc... and do any updates so it could really help them and us get a better game together over time.

I'm still discovering a lot of things with Rainbow Skies so there's no much at the moment I feel could be improved upon as I'm still discovering a lot of it and just really enjoying it however there are a couple of things that I do feel could help, such as the following.

Instructions & guides - The guides and instructions in the game are great but there's a lot to take in and sometimes that can get a bit confusing when there's too much information, it would be cool if the website had a good guide and info on about the items etc.. for example I recently bought an Apprentice Rune cause I gathered it must be good for something and now I have no idea what to do with it, same with the Healing Magic Vol.1, it says my character needs to increase her magic school rank by doing the trial battles yet the arena is always closed at the Monster Tamer and I've no idea how that works so it's just little things like that really as it can be frustrating to find when you're specifically looking for something or need a reminder with.

There's a few things I'm unsure what to do and to specifically find that in the guides in the game is quite difficult and can be quite frustrating so an online guide on the website to kindly help with those things, so it's easier to look them up would be pretty cool I think.

Grinding - Also this, for me personally, I don't mind the odd grinding as it's part of the game and is fun, you also get to learn things within the battles too so it's a good thing however I'm seeing this is putting a few people off of the game because it's "too much" for a lot of people. All the reviews on the game have been good apart from one review from Gameskinny which it really was the grinding that seemed to really have them dislike the game so much where they said it quickly becomes a slog, I'll quote it here however I have heard people on social media say that the grinding being a bit too much is what has been putting them off the game and eventually giving up with it, yet Rainbow Skies (and Rainbow Moon) are two of the BEST games for me personally that I want everyone to enjoy it and this seems to be the thing that is the catalyst that turns people off (if they find this un enjoyable). Here's the quote from the article to give you an idea.
Let me say one thing right off the bat: the combat in Rainbow Skies is sort of draining. It's turn based, where the character's speed stats determine how often they can act. Your characters are arranged on a grid alongside enemies, and you have to get into the right positions in order to properly attack. I sort of enjoyed it at first, but it quickly became a slog.

Your skills barely do any more damage than a regular attack, which means they basically just bring a little bit of versatility and variety to the field. Your regular characters are just weak as heck unless you spend hours grinding -- even if you play on the easiest difficulty setting. And difficulty spikes are insane and seem oddly frequent.

There are several points in the game where it feels like you're hitting a wall. It's probably for the purpose of making sure you're strong enough to head into the next area, but these walls pop up so often that it barely feels like you're making any progress in the actual game.

Playing through any combat scenario is like trudging through a swampy mire. Some of the easier fights can take as long as 10 minutes while some of the harder ones could take you the better part of an hour -- and sometimes you'll spend all of that time struggling, wasting all of your hard-earned resources just to lose and be forced to start over from the beginning.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem if there were a speedup or animation skip feature. Every attack animation is slow and it just takes forever for the battle to actually be realized even after the commands have been made. Sometimes the game shows a shortcut for skipping an animation but I've tried pressing that button in every way I can think of and I've never managed to get it to work.

Rainbow Skies Battle Mage Casting Meteor Attack

On top of that, enemies that are around your level take so little damage, even if you're sure to always hit them with attacks that they're weak to. Every battle ends feeling like a battle of attrition, just trying to stay alive until you can finally whittle down the enemy's health.

This may be exciting to some players, but to me, it just made the game feel like it was dragging on. Hours would pass in the blink of an eye and it wasn't because I was having fun, but rather because the battles would take way longer than I ever expected them to.

I think if this was tweaked, it would improve people's enjoyment of the game on a whole however of course we need some grinding, I guess it's just getting the balance right and it's becoming a bit too much for some people.

However other than that, I can't really think of any other improvements for the game as it's absolutely fantastic, I'm learning a lot, I'm enjoying the monsters and building them up as part of your team (How good are they in battle!) and just so much really, the game is just so good!

It's definitely been worth the wait for me and I'm absolutely loving it right now, so thank you to the team for their work on the game however I thought if we could share our own personal little tweaks with things on the games we might like, it could give the developers an idea and help them improve the game even more for all of us.

Of course, we'll all have different feelings on things and that's completely fine, I respect that with each person however it would be cool for us to discuss these little things as I do feel it could be a nice little thread that could really help the team.

All in all Rainbow Skies is awesome and I'm really loving the game right now!! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggest your improvements for the game 1 week 4 days ago #9026

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and for all the feedback, much appreciated.

Regarding tutorials, I'm aware that is always a difficult thing. If too many tutorials are spawned in the beginning, many people are overwhelmed and just skip stuff, but if the yare unlocked too late, you might miss important info you are looking for.

By the way, a new system page is now available, hope that helps:
Rainbow Skies System Page
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Welcome to Moes

Suggest your improvements for the game 1 week 3 days ago #9027

• Attilus1352
  • Junior Boarder
I had already mentioned this to Marcus, but seeing as how this is a topic about suggested improvements, I thought I would bring it up.
I am finding it very difficult to raise those skills (let alone use them at all) that require a monster to be in a particular square on any story or access type area battles. So in order to raise it, I find I need to fight the 1 or 2 random mobs, and bind them. If that requirement wasn't there, It would make it easier and I would be using those skills a lot more, but I am not sure of how difficult it would be to patch if it is decided that it is worth it to change.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Attilus1352.

Suggest your improvements for the game 1 week 3 days ago #9035

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean the combo skills? They are indeed not easy to use, it is by design. However, the damage is absolutely outstanding and these are the strongest skills available in the entire game.

By the way, you can increase the flexibility by using pattern expansions on these skills. Also, combo skills level very fast. You'll get a whole skill level by using the skill 1-2 times.
Best regards,
Marcus

Suggest your improvements for the game 1 week 3 days ago #9037

• Attilus1352
  • Junior Boarder
SideQuestStudios wrote:
Thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean the combo skills? They are indeed not easy to use, it is by design. However, the damage is absolutely outstanding and these are the strongest skills available in the entire game.

By the way, you can increase the flexibility by using pattern expansions on these skills. Also, combo skills level very fast. You'll get a whole skill level by using the skill 1-2 times.

Not Combo Skills. Regular ones like Volcanic Eruption, Firewall, Penetrating Arrow, Throw Bottles and such. But there is no need for a change now. I never put a Skill Expander on any of those till just now and understand what you mean by more flexibility. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out.

On a side note, there is one thing I noticed that should be addressed. That message popup after battle that informs you that you can get more coins at a different star level interferes greatly with the Continuous Assault Skill (LOVE that Skill) as it pauses that skill far too often. Because the game requires an ENORMOUS amount of grinding, would it be possible to have that message not pop up at all (or minimize it), as you do already have a tutorial explaining the coin advantages you can get at different star levels, not that it tells you the exact amount you will get like in the popup, but I think you would agree that seeing it once or twice would suffice.

Thanks
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Attilus1352.

Suggest your improvements for the game 1 week 2 days ago #9042

SideQuestStudios wrote:
Many thanks for sharing your thoughts and for all the feedback, much appreciated.

Regarding tutorials, I'm aware that is always a difficult thing. If too many tutorials are spawned in the beginning, many people are overwhelmed and just skip stuff, but if the yare unlocked too late, you might miss important info you are looking for.

By the way, a new system page is now available, hope that helps:
Rainbow Skies System Page

You're welcome, there's not really much what I can say to critique the game because it's fantastic and you guys have done a wonderful job on this.

Yeah, it is a bit overwhelming all the information to take in but that system page is absolutely fantastic! I'm going to have a browse of it now but thank you for kindly doing this, it really helps.

I think it's just nice to go to an official guide online cause when you're specifically wanting to know how to do something, it's kinda hard to find in the game if you're not sure which tutorial it's under (if at all), so the online guide and info really helps so we can find out what is what and progress with the game :)

I think you guys already know about this but I have heard a few people say about the skip animations thing not working, I did notice that to skip an animation from what we do you just have the hold the R2 button down as you cast your spell but I'm not sure people realise that so maybe this could be cool somehow in the game to have a little prompt there explaining this, I haven't been able to skip the animations from when the enemy's attack as when I hold down R2 it doesn't skip it, but there's here or there for me anyway :)

And you're welcome about the feedback, I just thought it would be nice for us to be able to share these things so we can work together to get the game the best we can for everyone, just irons it out really for people as it's not until it's released you hear these kinda things from people who have got the game but the game is awesome, so thank you! :)
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Go to top