Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility

Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility 1 month 1 week ago #9260

• Zoofus
  • Fresh Boarder
How do I get the first pearl for a monster I just added to the party? There's no option to give him a pearl using the yellow doritos, no option to learn beginning combo in the monster house arena, meanwhile he is unable to use the beginner combo book.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility 1 month 4 days ago #9265

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Once a new monster is hatched, you can

* Learn skills by purchasing skill books from shops and learn those skill books with this monster. (Consider the supported magical schools, not every monster can learn every skill book)

* Purchase and equip gear for this monster to improve attirubutes.

* Use skill stones from your skill stone pool to raise the stats of this monster.

Regarding combo pearls, they are no longer used to raise stats. Instead, they unlock combo attacks. By the way, every monster can use combo skills. Just purchase a combo magic book from the magic book store and use it on the monster. From that point, the monster can perform combo attacks, after the pearls have been enchanted.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility 1 month 4 days ago #9267

• Zoofus
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the response. Here is my exact issue: the monster in question is a desert genie. At the time I posted my question, he was level 37, and did not yet have combo showing in his status page. Not surprisingly, he was not able to learn combo from the book. I kept using him to level him up and when he hit level 40 the pearl suddenly appeared on his status page. It was all gray and he still couldn't use the combo magic book. So I continued with battles until his pearl turned yellow, I guess that's what you mean by enchanted, and he still couldn't use the book. Now he is level 41, with a yellow pearl,and still can't learn combo from the book. Does he just have to reach a certain level? I'd like to know mainly because I'm spending an awful lot of time in a different save slot trying to figure this out before I return to my primary save. I'm obsessive that way. I apologize for the run-on paragraph, I'm using the playstion virtual keyboard and I don't knowhow to make a new paragraph.

Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility 1 month 4 days ago #9268

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear you have issues with that.

Just to make sure, do you have the combo feature already unlocked? You can't use/learn combos until you have reached a certain point in the story. Can other characters already use combo attacks?

If that's the case, please go to the magic book shop and buy the book "Combo Magic Vol. 1". Next, open the main menu and select the monster in the menu. (if it's in your current party, just switch characters with L2/R2 or TRI+L/TRI+R if you play on the Vita, and if it's not in your party go to the group tab and select the monster in the list. Press triangle to select the monster and show the picture of it.)

Once the monster has been selected and is displayed in the left section of the menu, go to the ITEM tab and use the combo book. After the monster has learned the book, the monster can perform combo attacks.

If this isn't working for you, please let me know where exactly you get stuck and which step doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
Best regards,
Marcus

Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility 1 month 4 days ago #9269

• Zoofus
  • Fresh Boarder
It's definitely unlocked. Hope you don't mind the video, if it works. Also in the bookstore , when I go down to the combo vol 1 book and highlight this monster, he is greyed out, the other characters are lit. link is in preview and works but didn't post, trying this in edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk_O48pI890&app=desktop[/video]
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Zoofus. Reason: video link didn't post

Pearls for combos, spoiler possibility 1 month 4 days ago #9271

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Many thanks for sharing the video, much appreciated. This behaviour is definitely not as intended. After checking the code I have an idea how this can happen.

Could you please confirm, is it possible that this specific monster was in the monster house at the time when combo attacks have been unlocked?
Best regards,
Marcus
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Go to top