Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Magic upgrades

Magic upgrades 3 months 1 week ago #9519

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Right now my party is nearing level 20 and I've had a total of one magic upgrade and that was with Ashly at 1st level. Since then, nothing.

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I don't recall magic upgrades being this sparse on my first playthrough. I thought remember getting some, albeit rare, by this point.

Is this normal and they are that rare? Only one, with one character, at almost level 20?

Edit: My roommate said he got a magic upgrade with Layne at around 2nd level. I must have, as well. But even still, I am sure that is the last magic upgrade I received. Is it supposed to be that rare? I know you get MP periodically when leveling (more so with Ashly), but I just remember getting more MP upgrades than this on my first playthrough at this point. Or am I remembering incorrectly?
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Hobbun.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Magic upgrades 3 months 1 week ago #9520

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,
I'm not sure what you mean with 'magic upgrade'. Do you mean more MP, additional skills or unlocking new magic schools?
There was no rebalancing since your first play through, so I can just try to explain some mechanisms:

MP: You're max MP increases when your characters level up. Depending on the type of character, the amount may vary. Ashly for example will get additional MP each level up while Damion might only get each 1-2 level ups. (Technically there will be added 0.x points, so it might be rounded down to zero depending on the level, but it will be stored for the next level up, so nothing gets lost.) You can also unlock additional MP by the upgrade menu by investing red skill stones. There are also materials that expand the max MP that you can use for crafting. Last but not least, you can find food, that expands your max. MP permanently and temporarily. All in all, MP is more restricted compard to Rainbow Moon (where MP hardly played a role at all), so you should keep an eye on this resource.

Regarding skills, it's recommended to regularily visit shops and purchase new skill books once available. Using your old skills will also unlock new skills.

Magic schools can be improved or learned by doing trial battles in the cities. The first three upgrades are part of the main story but all other upgrades are unlocked by winning trial battles. Please note, not all trial battles can be done in the beginning, some are unlocked when you progress in the main story.

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

Magic upgrades 3 months 6 days ago #9521

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Marcus,

I'm referring to the upgrades you receive when you level. Where you spend skill stones on Speed, Strength, Luck, Defense, HP, etc. I'm not sure what else to call them than upgrades, as they are in the Upgrade menu.

I've only received two MP 'upgrades' to fill out (with skill stones) with my main characters at almost level 20. One for Ashly and the other for Layne. And maybe that is normal, but I was just saying I thought the first time around I played the game, at this point in the game, I had received some more.

Magic upgrades 3 months 6 days ago #9522

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

the upgrade data have not changed since release. There are 10 MP upgrades available for each class, but most of them are designed for end game content.

Up to your way to level 20, there is only one MP upgrade to unlock for the main characters, except for Ashly. She receives her second MP upgrade on level 20. (Due to her stronger magic capabilities, she gets magic upgrades earlier)

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Magic upgrades 3 months 6 days ago #9523

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Oh wow, only 10 MP upgrades for each character total in the game. Seems like so little. Unless the upgrade number groupings get 'larger' for MP (instead of 4-5 or around there).

Hope there are other means to increase your MP (permanently-besides crafting) later on. Like buying Mana tonics or other similar ways.

But no need to tell me, I will find out. Thanks for your help, Marcus. You were very helpful, as always. :)

Magic upgrades 3 months 5 days ago #9525

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Rainbow Skies has a non linear upgrade system, while Rainbow Moon had a linear upgrade system. In Rainbow Moon a character got i.e. 50 HP when leveling from 1 to 2 and he got the same 50 HP when leveling from 998 to 999.

This has been improved in Rainbow Skies, so the first upgrade items gives only a few points while follow up items all unlock larger amounts of the same value. You'll will notice this during your playthrough and of course there are other ways to permanently increase all stats too.

Hope that helps, have fun:)
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Go to top