Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Kamikaze triggering before last Action

Kamikaze triggering before last Action 2 months 1 week ago #9576

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I picked up the Kamikaze skill (through Layne’s bow) awhile back and have been noticing that it is triggering ‘before’ my last Action.

I currently have 4 Actions a turn, and what I usually do to start out combats is to use his Unique skill (which takes 3 Actions). The thing is Kamikaze triggers in using this skill. So it allows me to Defend still after using my Unique skill.

Is it supposed to work that way? Isn’t the point of being ‘kamikaze’ that you are doing that last big hit in substitution of being more safe (Defend)?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kamikaze triggering before last Action 2 months 1 week ago #9577

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

Thanks for your report. I can confirm this can happen in this specific situation and is still a bug. However, it only happens if the skill you are using requires more than 1 action, and if only one action is left after usage. In all other situations, it will be calculated and performed correctly.

Unfortunately our last patch has been released a few days ago, so the chance this will ever be fixed is close to zero. If this would have been reported two weeks earlier, this indeed could have been added to the patch, but of course you couldn't know:)

Although it would have been nice having this fix in the patch, I don't see a big issue with that. It helps the player making fights a bit easier and still requires Kamikaze to be active and additional special conditions to trigger, so it is a bonus help that wasn't by design but only gets active in few sitiuations.

There still have been some very rare crash bugs, which were really annoying, especially if you play for several hours without saving and then the game crashes and all your progress is lost. But these should all be fixed with this last patch and they have been the real cause for this last patch.

Thanks again for reporting. Have fun with Rainbow Skies.

All the best.,
Kind regards,
Marcus
Best regards,
Marcus

Kamikaze triggering before last Action 2 months 1 week ago #9579

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, that makes sense. Most combats I will start with Layne doing Phoenix Drop (which takes 3 of his 4 Actions) and then allows me to defend. And the Kamikaze will trigger.

At least I know the stipulations of it now. I will still use Phoenix Drop, but when I get an additional Action that will allow it to not trigger. Yes, I know this bug is a benefit (as you said) to the player, but I don’t like anything that upsets the balance of the game if I can avoid it (and break the damage for Layne). But as you also said, it is a pretty minor bug overall and is certainly not affecting my enjoyment of the game. :)

May I ask why the most recent update is your last one? I mean I know Sony used to charge a large amount of money for updates, so you would need to put a limit on those, if you did it at all. But from what I understand they have done away with that now, so why not continue to update the game if you find reason enough to do so?

As for Rainbow Skies, I am really enjoying it! I am running around Loose Rock right now and hit BR7 a little while ago. I will say I am finding the game right now is becoming quite challenging. Against the current creatures of Loose Rock, Ashly usually dies most combats, and sometimes even Layne. I have used blacksmithing quite a bit, but it’s not maxed, so I should work on that. I also don’t have all the current gear right now (as I can’t afford it).

I tried to get that treasure chest near Loose Rock (with Mimics), but got slaughtered. It was brutal. I think it was 8 King Mimic and 10 Sea Queen. Didn’t have a chance. There is another monster treasure chest near Mokimfusa that I had to pass that was similar. I may give that chest a shot now (probably will still die).

I’m guessing I still have a long ways to go yet. Right now I’m at around 115 hours. Thanks for a great game! :)

Kamikaze triggering before last Action 2 months 1 week ago #9583

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Agreed, every bug is a bug too much, that's without any doubt :) However, Rainbow Skies is a complex game and there are tons of mechanisms and systems below the surface. For a small team we are, it's hard to avoid all bugs, although we've spend countless hours in testing. Once a game has been released, and thousands of people starts playing, they usually still finds issues, we've overlooked. I'm sorry for that.

Regarding patches, Sony fortunately doesn't charge us for a patch, but that doesn't mean it's free. EAS explained that in other threads several times, a patch on consoles is always a lot of work and I'm aware most people don't understand why.

To put it in a nutshell:

* Even if the codefix is done in several minutes, a long series of procedures must be performed:
* Each patch package must be generated. Therefore it has to be configured, compiled, assembled, stored and archived.
* Patch notes must be applied.
* All patches must be installed and tested.
* A lot of paperwork is required for the publisher.
* Patch servers must be configured and set.
* The patch must be approved from Sony FQA.

Rainbow Skies has been released in 4 territories and on 3 platforms, so all the steps listed above must be performed for each patch package (10+) seperately.

I don't want to go in detail too much. There are more time consuming steps, and there is a lot of waiting included until everything is approved and set. That means it can easily take 2-3 weeks or more. Maybe not full time, but it still consumes a lot of time. So, it's a service for the players, but not free for us. On the other hand, we want to support the game, that's why we've decided to release this final patch.

I'm very glad to hear you're enjyoing the game. If you're in Loose Rock there is still a *lot* of stuff ahead of you. So have fun:)

All the best,
Best regards,
Marcus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hobbun

Kamikaze triggering before last Action 2 months 1 week ago #9584

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Ok, thanks for explaining Marcus. I completely understand. I always appreciate you taking the time to explain in detail. :) There are many (no, most) developers that wouldn't be willing to do so.

For how huge the game is, it truly does run wonderfully, so I wasn't trying to be critical by any means. I am glad to hear there a 'lot' left to do!
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Go to top