Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stealing

Stealing 1 month 1 day ago #9612

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
Ok, for as long as the forums are active, going to take advantage of asking another question here. :)

In regards to stealing materials/coins, I assume that where the skill tops out at, you can subtract that from 100 and that is the percentage it begins at? And for every skill level you raise, it increases by 1%?

For example, with Theft I, the skill maxes at 51, so I take it that when you begin the skill, you have a 49% chance to steal?

I just picked up Theft II recently (quite nice!), but have only been able to steal once with it. I see the skill tops out at 71, so I take it the percentage in the beginning is 29%?

My other question is, are there other modifiers in place, besides the percentage stated on the skill, to steal items/coins? Meaning, is it more difficult to steal from higher level creatures/easier from lower level creatures? Are there other modifiers, as well or instead?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stealing 1 month 17 hours ago #9614

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

As you already guessed, most stealing skills start with a chance of 50% and can be leveled up to a chance of 100%. For "Theft II" the start chance is 30%.

The steal chance isn't affected by the monster level, however you cannot steal from boss or special monsters.

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

Stealing 1 month 8 hours ago #9615

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
  • NOW ONLINE
Yes, I was assuming that the base percentage was just 100-the skill max, but just wanted to clarify. Also just wanted to make sure there weren’t any other modifiers that could affect your stealing chances. Where I know your math is well above mine (in being a programmer), I have always been very analytical.

Thanks Marcus. You were a great help as always. :)
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Go to top