Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers)

"Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers) 1 week 6 days ago #9653

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
I am trying to pick up the Celestial Glow (for Ashly's headgear) off the Big Bang Notorious Monster in Las Manas. I've already defeated him once and did not pick up the headgear. And trying to fight him again now.

The Knowledge Book indicates that the item drops on "every 2nd bag collected". What exactly does that mean? I had thought it meant that you couldn't collect an uneven amount of bags in the combat during the fight (i.e. you have to collect 2, 4, 6, 8, etc bags). But the first time I tried I collected 2 bags and that didn't work. The second time 4 bags were dropped and I collected all of them, but that still didn't work.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get the Celestial Glow to drop? Does the boss himself count as a 'bag' when he dies? Even though a bag does not show up?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers) 1 week 5 days ago #9654

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Well, I tested the combat to see if the boss was considered as a 'bag', as well. Picked up 5 loot bags during the combat and hoped the boss would be considered as the 6th (every 2nd collected bag). Nothing.

What do I need to do to get this item to drop?

"Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers) 1 week 3 days ago #9655

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

drop handling is different for normal mobs and special/boss monsters. While normal monsters drop their items via a loot bags, boss mobs never drop a bag. Instead, you can collect the boss loot from the loot requester at the end of the battle.

Therefore, it's not worded well in the Knowledge Book. It's correct for normal mobs, but for special or boss monsters this just refers to the number of kills.

In other words, "every 2nd bag collected" for normal mobs means, you'll find this item in every second bag, that you (manually) collect on the battle field. If you find this indication on a boss monster, it just means, you'll find this item in the loot list at the end of every second successful battle of this monster. Normal bags on the battle field doesn't count in that case.

If you still haven't got the item and you have defeated the mob several times, you probably fight the wrong NM, but Big Bang should be the correct one for the Celestial Glow.

PS: It's possible that the data in the Book of Knowledge is not entirely correct in terms of counting. Technically, the '2' can be a skip counter for battles where the drop does *not* appear. If that's true, than the gear drops for every third kill, and all the numbers are just 1 too low. I havent tested this yet, but it could be the reason you haven't found that. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

"Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers) 1 week 3 days ago #9656

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Marcus,

No need for you or any of the other developers to be sorry, no inconvenience on your part. I think I was just frustrated with myself in not noticing earlier that Big Bang dropped an equipment piece for Ashly. Wasn't able to pick this up until early post-game. I always try to get the equipment the Monster Hunt bosses drops ASAP so I can use them as long as possible before the next piece (for same slot) comes along. At least for the main characters.

It did end up being the third time around fighting the Big Bang, he dropped the Celestial Glow then. So it is either the "skip counter" on the '2' or just a misprint in the book. But thank you for clarifying how that works. :)

Just an update where I'm at. I just finished the Dust Temple (got the Aon Fragment last night). Not sure how big post-game is, but that I just made level 101 last night, I'm guessing I have a ways to go yet. I'm on BR 9.

I want to say thank you so much for a phenomenal game, Marcus. Sure, I've played ones with better stories, but that isn't what makes the Rainbow franchise strong. I find myself always somewhere to explore and do, a new challenge around the corner and challenge it is! The game has improved on Rainbow Moon in just about every way.

I would say the only thing that bugs me about the game is the change in losing buffs when entering combat. It kind of makes raising the skill for them (increasing duration) kind of not necessary. But that is a small quip overall. Thank you again for a fabulous game. :)

"Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers) 1 week 2 days ago #9657

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi Hobbun,

If you aim for a 100% completion, it's a good idea to check the bestiary regularly. Especially for special bosses like NMs, you can see, if you have missed something. But I admit, this one is easy to miss.

Congratulations on your progress. Dust Temple is just the beginning of the regular end game, so you still have a lot ahead :)

Very glad to hear, you still like the game and your feedback is much appreciated. We always aimed for a strong gameplay focus, so it's nice to hear, that some gamers appreciate that.

Regarding the buffs that wear at the beginning of the battle, this is another cheat-protection. Otherwise you could buff-up and re-enter battles endlessly without losing any actions for buffs. Please note, that all buffs that are applied via items, does *not* wear, when you enter a battle. So they are much more valuable for preparing boss battles. There is also an NPC in the game who explains that in detail.

Have fun,
Kind regards,
Marcus
Best regards,
Marcus

"Every 2nd bag collected?" (Spoilers) 1 week 2 days ago #9658

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Marcus,

I certainly am aiming for 100% completion. I think my number is around 74.4% right now (or close to it). I do check the Bestiary often to see which percentages I am at for each monster, including the NMs. I also take it a step further and attempting to get all the item drops filled in (no question marks), but I don't think that contributes to the 100%.

I figured I had a bit to go yet. I am finding out that food is more a necessity post-game, as well as buffs in general. Both were necessary to get past the larger Stilted Horror groups in the Dust Temple.

I see your point about not wanting people to buff up endlessly, but I think that is also part of the strategy. I mean from what I understand, it is much harder to max your stats out in Rainbow Skies (compared to Rainbow Moon), so I feel it would have been even more important to enter combat buffed up (and even last for a bit). I think the biggest issue is how important it is to act first turn offensively, to reduce enemy numbers, especially in post-game. You just can't take time to cast Haste.

But as I said, it truly is a small quip I have in this humongous and great game. And I know it's not the case now, but I certainly hope something changes in the future that will allow you to bring another one of it's kind. I can't help thinking how this will probably be the last of it's kind I will be playing. :(

Thanks for everything! But I'll continue to be here (bugging you) for questions, for as long as EAS allows it. :)
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Hobbun.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Go to top