Hong Kong - February 17, 2010 - eastasiasoft, Hong Kong based publisher of interactive entertainment and developer SideQuest Studios are thrilled to make another hot announcement surrounding their upcoming PlayStation®3 system shoot 'em up game Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype.
In addition to the popular high score attack mode, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype incorporates a previously unannounced play mode. The new challenge mode aims to be simultaneously exciting and rewarding, adding plenty of replay value. Players are given the opportunity to revisit parts of the game and complete a variety of tough challenges to earn trophies, bonus items, additional credits and other unique rewards.
Marcus Pukropski, CEO of SideQuest Studios comments that "a lot of gamers were hoping for a Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype launch during the winter time. Thanks to the added months of development we had time to give the game the perfect finishing touches and implement a few more ideas, including the challenge mode."
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype is currently in its final stretch of development and will be released exclusively for the PlayStation®3 system in Q2/2010. For more product details, visit the game's official website at http://www.soldner-x.com/sx2/.
About Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype:
Twenty years after the Virus Wars, you return to Gota IV as part of the newly formed Söldner-X defense force. Your target: to free the galaxy from the D'aarg, a technologically superior race that is threatening mankind. Staged across seven unique action-loaded levels, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype delivers a must-have shoot' em up experience, blending classical gameplay with astonishing audio-visual capabilities of the PlayStation®3 system.
Updated key features:
- Seven unique action-loaded levels with fierce boss battles, staged across Underwater Worlds, Ice Caves, Tunnel Worlds, Space and other deadly scenarios.
- Unlock plenty of bonus features in the challenge mode, ranging from useful to prestigious rewards.
- High definition graphics with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, combined with an addictive classical 2D gameplay.
- Dynamic score-linked difficulty system, making the game accessible for newcomers, yet challenging and rewarding for hardcore gamers.
- Two new playerships with their own characteristics and weapon systems to choose from.
- New bullet pattern system that require for your best skills.
- Brand new limit attacks and fourfold chaser system to face the most dangerous tasks.
- Detailed online high score ranking tables and replay file sharing.
- Hidden bonus elements, including a tribute to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.
- Adrenaline pumping soundtrack with close to 30 unique tracks and hundreds of dedicated sound effects.
About eastasiasoft and SideQuest Studios:
eastasiasoft (URL: http://www.eastasiasoft.com) is a Hong Kong based publisher specializing in computer and video games.
SideQuest Studios was founded in 2007 and is a video games developer consisting of industry veterans and talented programmers, artists and musicians. Previous work includes "Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer" for the PlayStation®3 system and PC, the development studio's premiere game.
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype has not yet been rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Contact eastasiasoft press relation:
press (at) eastasiasoft.com
For more product information, visit http://www.soldner-x.com and http://www.eastasiasoft.com. Press releases and high resolution material, including screenshots, logos and artworks are available for download at http://www.eastasiasoft.com/press/.
©2010 eastasiasoft. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Online access requires broadband Internet service and a wireless access point or LAN. Certain limitations apply to Wi-Fi connectivity. User is responsible for Internet service.