Hong Kong - September 08, 2008 - eastasiasoft, Hong Kong based publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced further release details of their upcoming video game Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (URL: http://www.soldner-x.com) for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
The PLAYSTATION®3 system version contains lots of additional new features not found in the original 2007 PC version release, including audio and visual improvements, updated game play, trophies support and much more.
Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is anticipated to be released on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North America in October 2008, with other territories expected to follow shortly after.
- Visual improvements including y-scrolling, new background animations, newly added effects and more
- Contains new enemies, including newly crafted standard foes and larger sub boss battles
- Additional boss battle and berserker mode background music (seven brand new tracks in total!)
- New sound effects added for an enhanced gaming experience
- Rebalanced game play with an easier default difficulty
- Rebalanced high score system, including new victory screens
- DUALSHOCK®3 and optional SIXAXIS™ support
- Trophies support
Further key features:
- 12 stages of beautiful parallax graphics and animations, staged across 4 fantastic world/space settings
- High definition graphics in up to 1080p
- Beautiful weather effects (such as rain, fog and lightning)
- Classic design, yet state-of-the-art shooter technology
- Unique upgrade weapon system with five standard weapon types
- Never before seen tactical elements such as chaining, effectiveness system, 'berserker' mode and more
- Plenty of hidden bonus features
- More than 20 extras (with both positive and negative effects!)
- Addictive collection quests
- Over-the-top boss fights
- Features a superb soundtrack and sound effects
- Up to six modes of difficulty
- Easy to learn, yet tough to master
- Online high score ranking
About Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer:
Set in the distant future, the game is a fast and furious shoot 'em up with state-of-the-art graphics, driving soundtrack and classic fun gameplay sprinkled with fresh innovations. In the storyline, planet Earth's resistance aims to stop a deadly infection consuming both life forms and technology alike, oddly having to rely on an anti-hero mercenary and bounty hunter to pilot a mighty prototype star fighter. His goal: To fight his way to the virus' origin, save civilization and earn cash to boot!
About eastasiasoft and SideQuest Studios:
eastasiasoft (URL: http://www.eastasiasoft.com) is a publisher specialising in computer and video games.
SideQuest Studios is a video games developer comprising of industry veterans and talented programmers, artists and musicians. "Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer" is the premiere game by the development studio, who are destined to rock the boat with their first title.
Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer has not yet been rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Contact eastasiasoft press relation:
press (at) eastasiasoft.com
For more information, visit http://www.soldner-x.com. A complete Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer press kit, including high resolution logos and screenshots is available for download at http://www.eastasiasoft.com/press/Soldner-X_PS3_press_kit_01.rar
©2007,2008 eastasiasoft. “PlayStation”, “PLAYSTATION” and “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SIXAXIS is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Online access requires broadband Internet service and a wireless access point or LAN. Certain limitations apply to Wi-Fi connectivity. User is responsible for Internet service fees. Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately.