Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How big is Rainbow Moon?

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2432

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
bonito wrote:
Unbelievable ... about $15 for a game like Disgaea? bought when released!

It looks very very intersting!

Are DLCs or something like that planed?
It's a bit early for them to say anything about DLC yet, but if you've stuck with SideQuest/EAS as long as I have, you'll know that they aim to please. Soldner-X 2: The Last Chapter speaks for itself.
If there aren't many problems with Rainbow Moon and enough people are left wanting more, there might be some DLC, so stay tuned.

BavMotWork wrote:
I agree, this is certainly a release date purchase for me. Hurry the hell up eastasiasoft! I don't have any fingernails left. LOL
Either the Sonozakis got to you or you're really anxious to play. ;)
Quality over quantity here. And remember, it's already gone gold, so all that's left is Sony's approval on a release date. It'll probably be out next month, so just a little longer!
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2433

• eastasiasoft
bonito wrote:
Are DLCs or something like that planed?
Yes there will be some. (an announcement regarding this with details will still follow)
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2454

• CQCider
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a couple of questions.

#1 - Is the story of the game well thought out or is it mostly just a way to get the characters from dungeon to dungeon? In other words, do you feel that it is something a person could get invested in?

#2 - I could have sworn I read a response from you guys on some website that stated that some of the end game content would be to unlock new dungeons, enemies, bosses and that the level cap could eventually be raised to 999. Am I insane or did you say this somewhere and is it in fact true?

Thank you for your time and what looks to be an amazing game. I run a private Facebook PS3 gamer group with about 300 members and I have been giving your game a lot of attention. It looks like I may net you guys a few more sales so cross your fingers lol.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2455

• eastasiasoft
CQCider wrote:
I have a couple of questions.

#1 - Is the story of the game well thought out or is it mostly just a way to get the characters from dungeon to dungeon? In other words, do you feel that it is something a person could get invested in?
I can tell you right away that Rainbow Moon won't have such a deep and complex story like some of the big RPG series. When we started with the concept for the game, our idea was always to put the main focus on gameplay and not on story telling.

The game will start with a short opening clip that explains the setting of the game, afterwards the story is told entirely through conversations with the people that you meet during your journey. You could compare this a bit to how Nintendo is telling their stories in games such as Zelda.

Dialogs with NPCs are not long monologues as often found in some JRPGs. Although conversations are simple, we tried to keep them funny and entertaining.

To cut a long story short, there's no deep story telling going on (it was never our goal) but we still feel that it's more than hopping from one dungeon to another. Whether or not you will like it, will be left for you to judge. :)
#2 - I could have sworn I read a response from you guys on some website that stated that some of the end game content would be to unlock new dungeons, enemies, bosses and that the level cap could eventually be raised to 999. Am I insane or did you say this somewhere and is it in fact true?
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Thank you for your time and what looks to be an amazing game. I run a private Facebook PS3 gamer group with about 300 members and I have been giving your game a lot of attention. It looks like I may net you guys a few more sales so cross your fingers lol.
You are most welcome. Many thanks for spreading the word and hopefully we can chat more about Rainbow Moon upon release. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2456

• CQCider
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the very honest replies. I love that you were so frank as to outright admit your intentions and I am fine with the story being a secondary focus, I was just curious. The gameplay is what has hooked me thus far and with the confirmations you have made I can say it is a guaranteed day one purchase for me and some of the member of my group already. Good luck with the release, I hope things go great and sales numbers are awesome. We need more developers like you.

Re:How big is Rainbow Moon? 7 years 1 month ago #2457

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
Huge, all-encompassing storyline?
Well, that's my job! That's why I created Looking Deeper. I plan on rewriting and extending all the installments I've made in that thread so far.
I'm just crazy enough to expand on SideQuest/EAS works with original storylines. So if anyone wants more storyline when they're done blasting or raiding, they come to Looking Deeper.
And besides, I'm sure that even though storyline is taking a backseat to gameplay, it'll still be amazing. ;)
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Go to top