Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Character/Battle Questions

Character/Battle Questions 7 years 3 weeks ago #2520

• jdg3
  • Junior Boarder
Ok, i saw from the battle tab that there are 6 weapon types, Swords, bows, lances, slingshots, axes and staffs.

I am assuming with 6 playable characters that each one is proficient in one of the types? Or can a character possibly be able to equip swords and axes?

I was also curious on the BIAS. I see that physical characters are weak against magical attacks and vice versa. I was wondering if that goes further with some magical element weaknesses or anything along those lines?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Character/Battle Questions 7 years 3 weeks ago #2521

• eastasiasoft
jdg3 wrote:
Ok, i saw from the battle tab that there are 6 weapon types, Swords, bows, lances, slingshots, axes and staffs.

I am assuming with 6 playable characters that each one is proficient in one of the types? Or can a character possibly be able to equip swords and axes?
Yes, each character is proficient in one of the types. For example Baldren can only equip swords. Trisha can only handle bows.
I was also curious on the BIAS. I see that physical characters are weak against magical attacks and vice versa. I was wondering if that goes further with some magical element weaknesses or anything along those lines?
Well, you don't just have three BIAS levels (magical, physical, balanced) but it can be anything in between; for characters as well as for enemies. The further the gap between one attacking another, the stronger or weaker the attack becomes.

You can almost disregard the BIAS early in the game but it becomes more essential once you encounter stronger enemies.

Apart from this you will also notice that the skills physical characters can learn are usually powerful attack skills, while magical characters are often able to learn support skills, too.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Character/Battle Questions 7 years 3 weeks ago #2522

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Just as an addition to my colleagues reply, BIAS also stacks with weapon affinities. In some cases the effect can be even stronger than the WA effect. All in all this can modify your damage output by ~50% - ~200% of the original damage, so the effect can be really huge. Considering this and choosing the right characters can be a great plus while fighting strong bosses, especially in hard mode.

But as eastasiasoft has stated, this is an advanced feature. You can also complete the entire game and just ignore these features. It's just a bonus that can life make easier sometimes:)
Best regards,
Marcus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Go to top