Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Banned Pages Strength stat?

Banned Pages Strength stat? 5 years 11 months ago #6837

• NibKing
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi SideQuest Studios,

There seems to be a discrepancy with the Strength stat when using X-Ray Review vs. what's in the Bestiary log for Banned Pages.
On Normal difficulty, the stat in the Bestiary log is 130 K, but X-Ray Review shows Strength to be 65000.
On Hard difficulty, the stat in the Bestiary log is 170 K, but X-Ray Review shows Strength to be 127968.

Could you please verify which is accurate? I've been working on the Wiki and having the information would help greatly.

Respectfully,
NibKing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Banned Pages Strength stat? 5 years 10 months ago #6838

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi NibKing,

thank you very much for pointing this out.

We'll investigate the issue you've described and if this can be reproduced and confirmed, be assured that this will be fixed within the upcoming patch. (Which still might take some time, due to the sync with the vita release)

For the wiki, you can go with the numbers from the bestiary. These are definitely the correct values. There is also an excel table I have provided the wiki team with. Just feel free to ask the guys in the wiki forum.
Best regards,
Marcus

Banned Pages Strength stat? 5 years 9 months ago #6992

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
Marcus,

So are you confirming there will be an upcoming patch? I remember seeing posts (usually from EAS) dealing with other bugs/issues indicating that if a patch was instituted, the issue would be resolved. But to be honest, I kind of gave up on a patch due to the time gone by and the cost of doing so (ridiculously high, IMO).

But there is now definitely going to be patch for the game?

Don't forget to fix Serena's weapon problem! :)
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Hobbun.

Banned Pages Strength stat? 5 years 9 months ago #6993

• eastasiasoft
Hobbun wrote:
But there is now definitely going to be patch for the game?

It should be 99% confirmed, yeah. We need to patch the PS3 version to include cross-saving for the upcoming Vita release. At the same time, we will address known bugs.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Banned Pages Strength stat? 5 years 6 months ago #7159

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
NibKing wrote:
Hi SideQuest Studios,

There seems to be a discrepancy with the Strength stat when using X-Ray Review vs. what's in the Bestiary log for Banned Pages.
On Normal difficulty, the stat in the Bestiary log is 130 K, but X-Ray Review shows Strength to be 65000.
On Hard difficulty, the stat in the Bestiary log is 170 K, but X-Ray Review shows Strength to be 127968.

Could you please verify which is accurate? I've been working on the Wiki and having the information would help greatly.

Respectfully,
NibKing

Hi NibKing,

it's probably a little bit late, but we're preparing the patch, so I investigated all open issues.

Regarding this issue, it's by design and not a bug. It might be confusing at first but the numbers displayed by the X-Ray Review are the numbers the unit currently have, while the numbers in the bestiary are the regular numbers.

Status values can be affected by various buffs and specials. For example if a monster is worsened, all stats are temporarily downgraded and this will be reflected by the X-Ray Review. This skill always shows the current values that are used by the battle logic and that includes all extra buffs, specials FX and other modifications. That is, why the values displayed with X-Ray Review sometimes can be different.

Regarding the Banned Pages, they have a hidden speciality, that their strength stat is downgraded in the beginning of the battle and increases during their first 4 turns until it reaches the full value. That is why you see a decreased value when checking at the start of the battle. If you keep on checking you will see that their stat raises each time they get a turn. Many monsters have such hidden specialities that have been used to refine balancing. Namoris in its final form has such capabilities too for several stats at once. Otherwise he would rape most parties in the beginning.

So, just for clarification, both values you have mentioned are correct.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Go to top