Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crossed Fingers

Crossed Fingers 5 years 5 months ago #2402

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
Hello SideQuest and EAS,

Cauthen (formerly Delci!) here. It's been too long and I'm finally back and ready to start writing again for Looking Deeper~.

But I just had a question that, oddly, took until now for me to think of.
Now I know you guys are still sort of taking off, but you can't always pump out a new title to help that along, so here's something to consider.

Sorry if this is a wildly unlikely idea, but I'm still throwing it out there.

So the PSVita has just come out and it's time to consider its impressive capabilities - and the opportunities they bring. With Cross Platform Play, we're running titles on that handheld as smoothly as on the PS3 itself.
So what am I looking at here?
Cutting to the chase - what if Himmelssturmer or Final Prototype (or both!) were able to be played on the PSVita? Those who already own it on the console, of course, would be able to download it again, but with users who play handhelds more than consoles (for a myriad of reasons), you would see a lot more people giving the Soldner-X titles a buy - that is, a lot of us remember the handheld shmup days, and it's only logical to assume that with games of the Soldner-X series's quality, people would be enamored to play them on the PSVita.
Not only just for Cross Platform Play support, either - this would be good just as something that could be played on both consoles in general.
And with how compact Rainbow Moon will be (still not to be underestimated, however!), even it could possibly see Crossplay possibilities.

More buys isn't the only thing to consider - a lot of people will purchase a console title and then 'fall out' of it because they're on the go or more busy, but with games on handhelds like the PSVita, it's as simple as a second's notice. The Soldner-X series is one of those where you can't afford to 'fall out', so the PSVita would be almost perfect for that situation: people would buy them, and also play them consistently.

As GLaDOS would say, it's something to maybe-probably-definitely consider. I know I would be all over that opportunity. I don't imagine it would cost a whole lot, but I am aware of the constraints that (so far) keep dreamier possibilities under the heel of the Cash D'aarg, but I'm just throwing it out there.

As always - great job on developing Rainbow Moon so far, and here's to another five years (and beyond)!

EDIT: I forgot to mention another point: with the PSVita emerging with very few titles to select from, getting something like this out sooner (if it indeed is possible) rather than later is good, because people will be looking for titles to play while they wait for future titles. And with the Soldner-X series leading the PSN pack for as long as it did, I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to say you would see a spike in PSVita playerbase buys.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Cauthen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Crossed Fingers 5 years 4 months ago #2403

• netrot
  • Fresh Boarder
hmmm,a Special Version of Södner X for Vita.......i would Love it :)
MicroA1 With AmigaOS4.1
Pegasos2 G4 With MorphOS2.6 and AmigaOS 4.1
Powermac G4 MDD with MorphOS2.6
Remember when Computing was fun

Re:Crossed Fingers 5 years 4 months ago #2405

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
netrot wrote:
hmmm,a Special Version of Södner X for Vita.......i would Love it :)
That, or just the originals themselves, able to be played on Vita. It would be fairly simple, but I believe the main problem faced would be licensing. Though in the end it would definitely be worth it!
Even if they could only get Himmelssturmer or Final Prototype out there - and if that happened, don't stop there, look at how much success Final Fantasy Tactics had on handheld platforms! Rainbow Moon should certainly follow soon after~.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:Crossed Fingers 5 years 4 months ago #2406

• eastasiasoft
Hey guys,

Yes, we are strongly considering bringing some of our games over to the PS Vita. I can't really say much more at the moment but an announcement will follow once the time is right.... :)
Check out our latest developments Lost Sea (PS4, Xbox One, PC) and Rainbow Skies (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Re:Crossed Fingers 5 years 4 months ago #2408

• netrot
  • Fresh Boarder
WOOP Thank You !! :)
In the Meantime i play Stardust Delta ;)
MicroA1 With AmigaOS4.1
Pegasos2 G4 With MorphOS2.6 and AmigaOS 4.1
Powermac G4 MDD with MorphOS2.6
Remember when Computing was fun
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Go to top