Menu
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Score Attack

Re:Score Attack 8 years 5 months ago #1222

• Drammer15
  • Fresh Boarder
Hsanrb wrote:
Testers can say that this game received better wording, but I view SX-2 as a cash-in, and the scars are deep... really deep.

Djeez...

I like the game but that's prob because i am not as good at it as you.

But i agree with you that every self respecting shmup schould have a nightmare level which only 10 or 20% of the players can finish.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Score Attack 8 years 5 months ago #1226

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
They're looking into some difficulty-related things, I think, when we were all going on about Nightmare and fixed play rank challenges earlier.
So stay tuned. ^^
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Re:Score Attack 8 years 5 months ago #1239

Hi

another BIG A Problem here.....
I cant figure it out, how to get a big score,.....
Same Problem at SX 1....

On SX 2 i have no idea, how to use the chains ocrrectly.
What do i have to do to get a BIG Score.......
The Problem on SX never was to beat the Game, but to score
high....

Can somebody please give me an advivce ?
Something for a new Pilot ?

THX
Do you even know, how to fly a Ship ??

Re:Score Attack 8 years 5 months ago #1240

• (FORMERLY DELCI) Virus Wars Veteran
  • Cauthen
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations and welcome back to the Soldner-X Defense Force, Galaxy Warrior!
Some tips?
Well, first thing: When you destroy enemies, most of them leave behind Chain Rings. The more you continue to fire, the more a circular Chain Clock located at the bottom-right of the screen continues to drain.
Once the Chain Clock depletes, you will lose some Chain energy - Chain energy can be seen in the bar connected to the Chain Clock.
To stop the Chain Clock from running down, you stop firing and it recovers a little bit.
Once you grab a Chain Ring, the Chain Clock starts over and you gain Chain energy. Once the bar attached to the Chain Clock fills all the way, the extra will be released!
When you hear the "Chain low" voice, try to collect the nearest Chain Rings you see in order to reset the Chain Clock - or destroy the nearest enemies to find more Chain Rings. It's pretty easy, once you get the hang of it!
Good luck!

EDIT: Now, to attain a bigger score, try to Chain as often as possible, as some of your Extras that are released could be score-related. Pick up as many score-related Extras you see laying around or ones that are dropped, too.
Finally, your play rank is the result of your performance. Try not to get hit by anything. A bar slowly fills at the top-right of the screen as long as you're not getting hit, and when it fills all the way, your play rank increases by one grade (in order of worst to best: G, F, D, C, B, A, S).
The higher your play rank, the higher your current score is multiplied. This goes for what difficulty you're playing on as well.
www.soldner-x.com/sx2/dscore.php?score=172879 (Had to start over - making a comeback!)

Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Cauthen.

Re:Score Attack 8 years 5 months ago #1242

• eastasiasoft
Drammer15 wrote:
But i agree with you that every self respecting shmup schould have a nightmare level which only 10 or 20% of the players can finish.
It's probably far below 1% of people who even played on nightmare in SX1, so this number was too low for us. If you consider how many people will 1cc SX2 on extra hard it's probably still going to be far less than 10%.
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.

Re:Score Attack 8 years 5 months ago #1243

• eastasiasoft
Galaxy Warrior wrote:
Can somebody please give me an advivce ?
Something for a new Pilot ?
If you don't mind reading a bit, check out our SX2 blog, it contains lots of information, including how the chaining system and scoring system works and lots more.

soldner-x2.blogspot.com/
Rainbow Skies is finally available. Download it on the PS Store for PS4, PS Vita and PS3.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Go to top