Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any easy skill stones?

Any easy skill stones? 3 months 6 days ago #9451

• platos
  • Fresh Boarder
Are there any easy methods?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Any easy skill stones? 3 months 5 days ago #9452

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend to farm skillstones early in the game. You'll find plenty of them, once you reach the endgame. Up to that point, the game is designed, that there will always be empty slots to spend skill stones. Otherwise, skill stones would be pretty much useless if you can't use them to improve something.

So, for the main game, I recommend to spend your skillstones for:

1.) Speed
2.) Strength
3.) Luck
4.) Defense

You'll get the best results, if you follow these priorities. Once you've reached the endgame, it's possible to complete the upgrade board, although this also takes a long time, as the last entries require much larger amounts of stones.

As an addition, the game also adjusts to your play style. So if you start to grind extensively in the beginning, you'll not get huge rewards from battles. If you want to progress more quickly, just focus on the main quest battles, that are marked with (BONUS+) in the spawn screen. If you steady follow this rule, the game adjust to your play style as well and ramp up rewards tremendously. You'll get much more gold, skill stones and so on. It's really a significant difference, so check it out.

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by SideQuestStudios.

Any easy skill stones? 3 months 5 days ago #9453

• platos
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks and two other questions any easy Rainbow coins and what are some good monsters to have in my team?

Any easy skill stones? 3 months 5 days ago #9454

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
For rainbow coins applies pretty much the same rules as for skill stones.

Regarding monsters, I would recommend a healer in the beginning (i.e. Audrey 2) but you can also switch between multiple monsters if you want. In that case, monsters that are not in the active party will recover a bit after each battle. (Which reduces costs for healers) Note, that it takes more effort though to level up multiple monsters early in the game.

In general monsters are designed as supporters, so I would prefer monsters that are good in buffing, healing and supporting your main characters. They will hardly excel your main characters as damage dealers, although there are a few exceptions that come close, but you won't get them before end game.

Hope that helps.
Best regards,
Marcus

Any easy skill stones? 3 months 5 days ago #9455

• SideQuestStudios
  • Administrator
Oh, one more thing that many people forget about. Stealing is an important feature in this game. So as soon you have access to this, (Sun's Glade) you should use it. You can steal items, coins and more from all regular monsters and it makes a huge difference.

All the best.
Best regards,
Marcus

Any easy skill stones? 2 months 2 weeks ago #9499

• Hobbun
  • Gold Boarder
SideQuestStudios wrote:
Hi,

I wouldn't recommend to farm skillstones early in the game. You'll find plenty of them, once you reach the endgame. Up to that point, the game is designed, that there will always be empty slots to spend skill stones. Otherwise, skill stones would be pretty much useless if you can't use them to improve something.

So, for the main game, I recommend to spend your skillstones for:

1.) Speed
2.) Strength
3.) Luck
4.) Defense

You'll get the best results, if you follow these priorities. Once you've reached the endgame, it's possible to complete the upgrade board, although this also takes a long time, as the last entries require much larger amounts of stones.

As an addition, the game also adjusts to your play style. So if you start to grind extensively in the beginning, you'll not get huge rewards from battles. If you want to progress more quickly, just focus on the main quest battles, that are marked with (BONUS+) in the spawn screen. If you steady follow this rule, the game adjust to your play style as well and ramp up rewards tremendously. You'll get much more gold, skill stones and so on. It's really a significant difference, so check it out.

Hope that helps.

Marcus,

Was reading through some of the threadss again in staring over, and saw this message. But what do you mean by the game 'adjusting' if you are grinding? Will it actually give you less rewards if you do more battling than necessary?

The only time I've really 'grinded' is for my skill levels. I was 9th level at the time and purposely chose low level creatures (near Wastesand) as I didn't want to fight battles to go towards my Battle Rank. I just wanted work on those skills that are harder to raise due to the awkward placing needed sometimes (Volcanic Eruption, Magic Absorption, Ashly's magic draining skill, etc.) And in the process, I usually built up some coin and skill stones, as well. But that wasn't my original intention. Will my rewards be lessened because of that?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Go to top